Double Root!?

nemov888

Oct 14, 2012
Visit site
I think I have double rooted my Galaxy Tab 8.9 - but my tiny technical mind is thinking they have probably cancelled eachother out... or probably the second root did not work because the first root file was still present? in any case it is not allowing me to remove bloatware / Superuser App appears to be not granted root access so my rootin tootin first dive into tablet hacking has gone awry! Can you help?

I have a UK Galaxy Tab 32Gb 3G (GT-P7300). I tried installing two separate root zip files via the standard recovery mode, one of which (my first attempt) should have been flashed/installed in CWM recovery - but wasn't. I then did factory reset, and tried the standard root advice as given on the top of teh XDA Developers GT 8.9 thread.

I have tried backing up to an old back up via KIES, and also a regular factory reset, but neither seem to get me back to square one (i.e the Superuser app is still installed in both cases).... any ideas gratefully received!

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
root is just a su file placed on your system folder. if you root it twice it will overwrite the file second time.

if you want supersuser app. flash the superuser zip not just the root zip.
superuser zip contain superuser and root zip.

nemov888

Oct 14, 2012
Visit site
I'm really just wanting to Root my tablet and install an app that will let me "freeze" or remove alot of the apps that are pre-installed by Samsung - and a waste of space for me :)

I'm pretty sure the Superuser app must have been included in the zip file that I downloaded, because it appeared on the app list, although i did not download it from the play store. I think I have followed all the instructions properly, and my tab should be rooted, but every app i use seems not to have root access...so i assume i have failed to root it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NK01UK