Can't receive iPhone group texts

thefreeze19

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site
I've done a ton of searching and still haven't been able to find a solution that works for me. I am on Virgin Mobile and have an Optimus V. Most of my friends have iPhones and when they send a group text message it shows up as a blank message for me. I downloaded Go SMS Pro and it still doesn't work in there. I don't want any app that would give me a new number. Please help! I'm going crazy! BTW, I receive group texts from those of my friends that have Windows phones just fine.

gtbarry

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
That's because your friends are behind a closed-walled-garden and using imessage which is only for those within the closed community.

thefreeze19

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site
Bumpity Bump Bump Bump

Come on. No one has figured out a work around for this? Am I the only one with a group of friends who sends them group texts from iphones?!

jneusch

May 18, 2011
Visit site
If iMessage senses that any recipient is non-iOS all messages are converted to standard SMS. This does not solve your problem, however. When I had my iPhone, and my wife and daughter still do, it works fine.

Here is a question for you though, do you have any iOS devices? If so, did you assign your cell phone number to the caller ID of any of those devices? If you did, you could be confusing the messaging system, in which case the message would not reach you.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

thefreeze19

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site
Nope. No iOS devices that my number wouldn't been assigned to. I even signed into Apple to make sure and there's nothing there. I've had this probelm for over a year now and can't believe I'm the only one having it. It's happened with two different phones, so it shouldn't be the phones problem. Grrr.

flanneled

Jan 7, 2012
Visit site
I'm having the same problem with an Optimus V on Verizon. I've had the problem on several different roms (gb and ics). I've only had this number on this android phone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress