Android Apps problem!

MHH779

Dec 28, 2012
Visit site
Hi..
This is my first post in the forum so I hope to get an answer :)

My problem is that I download apps (not from play store) they work perfectly for min or hours, but after that I try to open the app, it just says "unfortunately, the app XXXX stoped working"
I tryed to re install the app, same thing + I loss the data that I had in the app before.
This happens for me usually in games not from play store.
For example Modern Combat 4 I purchased it directly from gameloft website
It works perfectly, but after that as I said it stops and never work again. Not only that game but a lots of other games.

My device is samsung note 2 with jellybean 4.1.2 and its rooted.

So whats causing that and whats the fix.
Thanks in advance :)

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
From what I've read recently, Game Loft doesn't have a good reputation with the stability of their games on Android. If most of your games are from them, it could be that.

In terms of how you got them, I always get my apps from Play. It's setup to only let you get apps your phone is compatible with. Can't say for sure, but you may be getting games and apps not meant for your phone. Have you tried getting the same ones from Play (even if it means getting a different version/build) to see how they act?

MHH779

Dec 28, 2012
Visit site
From what I've read recently, Game Loft doesn't have a good reputation with the stability of their games on Android. If most of your games are from them, it could be that.

In terms of how you got them, I always get my apps from Play. It's setup to only let you get apps your phone is compatible with. Can't say for sure, but you may be getting games and apps not meant for your phone. Have you tried getting the same ones from Play (even if it means getting a different version/build) to see how they act?

No no no.. not only gameloft apps.. most of the apps just like cut the rope ajd these simple games.. some of them from amazon appstore and some from somewhere else

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
This could be a couple different things.

• Apps that need dev update/tweaking for the Note 2
  • Always try and stick with approved app sites like Google Play Store, Amazon, Get Jar or Slide Me.
  • You mentioned your rooted. If your running a custom ROM or kernel, possibly even something you have installed could be conflicting with your apps.

MHH779

Dec 28, 2012
Visit site
This could be a couple different things.

• Apps that need dev update/tweaking for the Note 2
  • Always try and stick with approved app sites like Google Play Store, Amazon, Get Jar or Slide Me.
  • You mentioned your rooted. If your running a custom ROM or kernel, possibly even something you have installed could be conflicting with your apps.
Thanks for answering.

The apps I downloaded was working correctly, and I got them from amazon appstore and SOME from the internet from random sites, but this problem usually happens after a reboot for the device.
This ONLY happens for apps from outside play store, but they are fully compatible with my device.

I am rooted but no custom rom or kernal

EvilMonkey

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
By 'other random sites on the Internet' most of us are just going to assume you're pirating apps and won't have any sympathy. Try getting them from legitimate sites. Yes you might have to pay people for their work. The horror.

Apologies if my assumption is incorrect, but I think you've made it clear.

MHH779

Dec 28, 2012
Visit site
By 'other random sites on the Internet' most of us are just going to assume you're pirating apps and won't have any sympathy. Try getting them from legitimate sites. Yes you might have to pay people for their work. The horror.

Apologies if my assumption is incorrect, but I think you've made it clear.

I think paying in gameloft.com and amazon appstore is counted as legitimate sites :) and some apps purchased from play store started acting like the others, they stop working before they start..
And I got some apps from unknown sources because they arent in the play store meither amazon. Some of them works, some of them has my problem..

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana