Where is SMS History?

YossiD

Apr 22, 2012
Visit site
I recently changed cell providers and they reset my Galaxy SII (i9100) phone and updated me from Gingerbread to Jellybean.

Before the update, which erased most everything on the phone, I made a full backup of the phone memory by copying the contents to my PC. Now I want to restore the SMS history but I can't find any file or folder containing it (searched for words from messages). The data must be there somewhere but perhaps it is encrypted which is why I can't find it.

Does anyone know how to find the SMS history in the backup and restore it to my phone. Call history would be good too if possible.

I have searched these forums and done a general internet search, but could not find any replies.

Thanks

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
I recently changed cell providers and they reset my Galaxy SII (i9100) phone and updated me from Gingerbread to Jellybean.

Before the update, which erased most everything on the phone, I made a full backup of the phone memory by copying the contents to my PC. Now I want to restore the SMS history but I can't find any file or folder containing it (searched for words from messages). The data must be there somewhere but perhaps it is encrypted which is why I can't find it.

Does anyone know how to find the SMS history in the backup and restore it to my phone. Call history would be good too if possible.

I have searched these forums and done a general internet search, but could not find any replies.

Thanks

copying the phone memory by connecting to PC is not the way to do it and wont backup phone's save files.
you didn't backup sms history at all. you just backed up sd card content

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa