Am I Eff'ed? Cyanrogenmod recovery phone brick?

smesj

Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys I'm new to the forums so if you can keep the flames to a minimum that would be appreciated, its been a tough day.

That being said I am in a tight spot here. I really need my phone to be working right now and for some reason it crapped out on me.

I have a Samsung galaxy S II (Skyrocket or SGH i757, whichever is correct) with CyanogenMod installed. It had been acting strangely and was quite slow lately, probably due to the ridiculous amount of apps i had cluttering the memory. So I decided to try and boot to recovery to see if there was any memory wipe option. I held down the power button until the menu presented itself, chose reboot and selected recovery.

The phone turned off alright, but upon trying to reboot the only thing that appears is the "Samsung" screen then nothing but black. I tried then to drop the battery out and reboot. Nothing. Hard boot. Nothing. Even when the phone is off and i plug it in to charge, the charge screen will appear momentarily then disappear. I cant get into ANYTHING

So..... is it somehow bricked? Just from a reboot?

I have been searching the net and these forums for a while now and haven't found anyone with the same problem. Again, I cannot boot into ANY mode nor will ANYTHING appear on the screen for more than a moment. Is there anything I can do?

Sam

SellnCLT85

Jul 7, 2011
Visit site
Have you tried pressing power + volume up/down? You may have to restore to stock using Odin. Give some more details, if you can get the Samsung splash to come up there is still hope.

Sent from my HTC Mecha using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

smesj

Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
Yeap, tried that. Same deal. When i plug in my phone to the PC it never even recognizes it as a usb device. I'll give odin a shot anyways

I'm happy to give as many details as required! What other info would help?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez