HELP...I Cant view my gallery after jellybean update!!! galaxy s 2

steph2329

Apr 20, 2013
Visit site
I am unable to find my gallery on my phone in Facebook after the new jellybean operating systems update. It will show a couple of camera shots. Im in desperate need of help. I post pictures all of the time. Now I am unable to do so. It worked fine with the icecreme sandwich operating system. But it hasnt adapted to the jellybean. Help?? Has anyone else been having this problem as well?? Thanks, Steph

Shadowriver

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
Samsung gallery use indexing, photos still should be save on flash, try to retrive them (via USB, would be good if via MTP not direct mass storage connection) remove from phone and place them again, if this wont work clear try to clear cache of gallery application if this wont work either then clear data of gallery app, if this won't work... i don't know :p i know there multimedia indexing service on (you can see notification poping out when you turn on phone or plug and unplug usb) it mightb e faulty too

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I am unable to find my gallery on my phone in Facebook after the new jellybean operating systems update. It will show a couple of camera shots. Im in desperate need of help. I post pictures all of the time. Now I am unable to do so. It worked fine with the icecreme sandwich operating system. But it hasnt adapted to the jellybean. Help?? Has anyone else been having this problem as well?? Thanks, Steph

You can also try rebooting into recovery, and clearing the phone's cache. Sometimes that helps after an update.

steph2329

Apr 20, 2013
Visit site
I did an entire master reset. And I installed each application individually. So isnt that the same thing you were talking about in a round about way?? I'm not great with computers or phones! This is my first android....I've always had an IPhone. My daughters always managed the up keep on those!! Now I'm on my own!!! UGH.... HELP!!!! :.(

fikret2010

May 16, 2013
Visit site
hi
i had same problem with my S2 ... I JUST FIGURE OUT HOW TO DO IT :D
1 . SETTING
2. SCROLL DOWN AND FIND Developer options
3. and CLICK ON BOX OPPOSITE OF..... USB debugging
4. restart your phone ...
i hope this will help you.. good luck

- - - Updated - - -

hi
i had same problem with my S2 ... I JUST FIGURE OUT HOW TO DO IT
1 . SETTING
2. SCROLL DOWN AND FIND Developer options
3. and CLICK ON BOX OPPOSITE OF..... USB debugging
4. restart your phone ...
i hope this will help you.. good luck

sg79

Aug 28, 2013
Visit site
I had exactly the same problem after the Jelly Bean 4.1.2 update - i.e. couldn't use the camera/save images or access gallery, and also had the additional problems of all my calendar entries being made read-only (as invitations - odd), as were my files/downloads - which I couldn't delete.

The answer (having learned the hard way!):
1. Connect your phone via the original USB cable to your computer and open Kies on your computer.
2. Back up all your contents/contacts/photos/videos etc. (you may have already done that before you upgraded the phone software)
3. Disconnect your phone from the computer and perform a factory reset (Settings>Personal>Backup and reset>Factory data reset
4. On the next screen at the bottom also check 'Format USB storage', then select 'Reset device'
NB: ALL your phone settings/content/everything will be wiped (but this unfortunately must be done to get the phone up and running with the Jelly Bean software).
5. When the phone restarts you will need to configure it and re-enter all settings. You will have the option to restore from e.g. samsung and/or google accounts (the google restore option may restore your apps, but I didn't select this and then had to reinstall all my apps from the Play Store (via the My Apps link) individually).
6. Reconnect your phone via USB to your computer and via Kies select the restore option (you can select what you want to restore) - unfortunately my Apps were not restored hence having to reinstall all of them one by one.

And there you go. Your phone will be up and running again. Quite like the new panorama function which works better than before and at higher resolution, amongst the other updates in the jellybean package.

vtech010

Aug 28, 2013
Visit site
hi just go to the file manager, then under sdcard0 look for folder named android, then look a a folder named data. then com.sec.andriod.gallery3d then a folder named cache del all the file in the cache and reboot phone. then wait for the pictures to appear.

waryam

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
Same problem that I cant able to open my gallery there is a msg shown that delete some data but I had already my all memory empty there is no data in my sd card phobe memory
So plz tell me solution
Even I can't able to del catch or anything in my my files

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KZCY