Two email apps? New Android user needs help!

decypher44

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
Brand new Android user here. Using an HTC One. I came from BB. Anyway, I have a Gmail account. Now, my phone has two email apps - the main, stock email app and Google's Gmail app. The Gmail app is always getting new email much faster than the stock app. But what is annoying is that I am having to manage the same emails in both apps.

Is there a way to use only the Gmail app so I don't have to delete emails twice?

Thanks

Jaguarr40

Nov 4, 2010
Visit site
Have you gone into the stock app to see if you can disable or delete your info therefore only using the gMail app? Try that first.

gone down south

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
It's perfectly safe, doing so only removes gmail from the email app not from the whole phone .

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

EvilMonkey

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
Do you only use Gmail? If so you can just ignore the other app entirely.

If you use Gmail and other mail programs, you have to use the other app (or any number of other email apps). The Gmail app only does Gmail.

That being said, you can use the other 'Email' app and set your Gmail account up in it and then ignore the Gmail app, which is what I do (so all my email accounts are in the same app). You lose some Gmail specific functionality though (like labels and stuff) so it depends on what features of Gmail you use if this is a viable solution.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress