Help New Pixel 7 message email "can't open message"

R1945

Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
On all my email programs including Gmail on the new Pixel 7 I can see my emails in my inboxes, but when I select them:

It says "can't open message" and I get the spinning wheel.

I can not read any of my emails on this phone.

This just started. What is wrong. Cleared cache, etc, but this is a phone issue somehow.

Can anyone help me?

R1945

Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
It is the same for all my all my email app including Gmail. Emails are in the inboxes but can't open message.

I just reset the goggle pixel 7 restored from backup tried an email and same thing.

What is going on????

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Try clearing the app cache for the Gmail app in Settings>Apps, and then Force Stop. If that doesn't help, try also clearing the app data/storage (but this might make you have to add back your non-Gmail accounts back to the app).

R1945

Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
Since doing a factory reset GMail is working fine. the HUB not so well.

This is the message I sent to Blackberry support.

"I am in desperate need of help. I want to use the HUB on the Pixel 7 but something has gone wrong.

It was working this morning.

I spent over 2 hours today and I can not fix this.

I even factory reset the Pixel 7 and installed and reloaded and installed all the HUB apps.

I added this email account on GMAIL and on the hub again. No problems on GMAIL, but email will not open in the hub.

The account is configured and all the emails are in the Inbox, however, when I select an email, can’t open message.

The odd thing is the email appears in the notification.

How do I fix this. I checked setting from the KeyOne and everything looks the same.

Do I need to completely reset this. I had thought I did that by reinstalling the applications."

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230323-151110.png
    Screenshot_20230323-151110.png
    242.7 KB · Views: 12
  • Screenshot_20230323-151700.png
    Screenshot_20230323-151700.png
    63.1 KB · Views: 12
Reactions: B. Diddy

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Just to be clear -- you're seeing new emails in your inbox, but you just can't open them, right? Is the inbox updating properly, or does it seem stuck at a certain point in time, without any newer emails arriving?

R1945

Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
Inbox is working perfectly Mails arrive, and they also display the email in notification pull down. However, if I select the email to read from Notifications Pull Down, Can't Read Message.

All the email from all accounts icloud, gmail, earthlink, messages can not be read.

Thanks

R1945

Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
This was all working fine this morning. I made some adjustments to notifications, and now I am stuck with this situation.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Just as a test, try uninstalling updates to Android System Webview (search for it in the Play Store). Sometimes those updates can cause odd glitches.

joeldf

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
Might have to enable developer mode and change the webview implementation from Chrome to Webview.

I know that using Chrome has been an issue with the Hub opening emails in the past.

R1945

Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
From Blackberry, they still do offer some support.

I did this and it fixed the issue. All accounts are up and working again.

Thanks to all for their suggestions.

The description of your issue seems to be similar with the one reported last week.
To isolate the issue, please follow the steps below.

-Search for BlackBerry Hub+ Services on Play Store
-Scroll down until you find the option to join beta and click on join
-Wait for awhile
-You may need to Force Stop and Clear Cache the Play Store application
-Search for BlackBerry Hub+ Services on Play Store again and check if an update becomes available
-Do the update and see if that fixes the issue

Let me know if you still have issues.

Reactions: B. Diddy