Galaxy S4 missing 'Dual Shot' and Lock Screen Widgets

Colby Gallagher

May 10, 2013
Visit site
I bought a Galaxy S4 yesterday from Telstra in Australia. The phone is missing the 'Dual Shot' camera mode and I am unable to put widgets on my lock screen.

Could there be an update I need to get? I checked for updates on the phone and it said there were no updates available. So I'm confused.

gabbott

Trusted Member
Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
So when you bring up the camera, you don't have a little button on the top left of the screen next to the switch camera button to enable it?

For widgets, your lockscreen settings don't look like this?

ytevajap.jpg

Colby Gallagher

May 10, 2013
Visit site
Oh wow, I'm special. I'm sorry for the dumb question.

I have a pattern lock if that matters...

No it doesn't look like that...

My options are:

Screen Lock

Lock Screen Widgets
Make Pattern Visible
Lock Automatically
Lock instantly with power key

I'm definitely missing an option there.

ebelbela

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site
I also have a same problem 'missing dual shot' . I have changed the lock screen from pattern to swipe. I'm still missing the dual shot.

BecomingDeath13

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
I also have a same problem 'missing dual shot' . I have changed the lock screen from pattern to swipe. I'm still missing the dual shot.

What type of s4 do you have? The only s4 that has dual shot is the original (I'm not sure on the mini). The zoom and active versions do not.

BecomingDeath13

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
I'm not sure why you wouldn't have dual shot then. Is that the only shooting mode you seem to be missing?

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 4 Beta

BecomingDeath13

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
Hm.. I know it's pretty much common sense, but those shooting modes won't be found in a 3rd party camera like Camera ZOOM FX for example. For the sake of narrowing it down. Are you using the stock camera?

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 4

gabbott

Trusted Member
Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
Hi!
PLEASE ANSWER FAST
I can't seem to know where ANY of my mode features are! please help me find them
What do you mean third party?

3rd party means you installed another camera app from the play store and are using that instead of the camera app that came with the phone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38