Want to root a phone but im worried that i might brick it

TheyStoleMyName

Mar 5, 2013
Visit site
Afraid to brick it. Ive never done it before and im curious about but i just dont want to brixk a perfectly good working phone.

Sent from my LG-E970 using Android Central Forums

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
Most new phones are pretty easy to root without risk. Just find a good Youtube video on your device and go for it. There is risk, but I have never had any serious issues. Just follow the instructions. People who brick their phones usually are doing stupid things.

TheyStoleMyName

Mar 5, 2013
Visit site
Most new phones are pretty easy to root without risk. Just find a good Youtube video on your device and go for it. There is risk, but I have never had any serious issues. Just follow the instructions. People who brick their phones usually are doing stupid things.

Can it be set back to stock after its rooted?

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site

Rooting and flashing ROMs are 2 different things. You can root your phone and keep it stock. Rooting just opens up your ability to use certain apps that require root access. If you don't have any of these apps that you'd like to install then don't waste your time.

Sent from my Nexus 4

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site

In most cases you can return back to stock. You just need to make sure you can before rooting since every phone is different. I suggest browsing the LG Optimus G forums (check that it's your model) and see what root methods are available. If there's a way to return back to stock youshoukd you should be aware of that as well.

Rooting has a lot of advantages. I'll pull up some resources and post in a bit.

Here you go: m.androidcentral.com/rooting-it-me-some-qa

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

TheyStoleMyName

Mar 5, 2013
Visit site
In most cases you can return back to stock. You just need to make sure you can before rooting since every phone is different. I suggest browsing the LG Optimus G forums (check that it's your model) and see what root methods are available. If there's a way to return back to stock youshoukd you should be aware of that as well.

Rooting has a lot of advantages. I'll pull up some resources and post in a bit.

Here you go: m.androidcentral.com/rooting-it-me-some-qa

I plan on reading that after this post.

I have a different phone i want to root. I thought that by rooting ur phone u could remove the bloatware. What other apps could u install that couldnt be installed already?

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site

I have a different phone i want to root. I thought that by rooting ur phone u could remove the bloatware. What other apps could u install that couldnt be installed already?

Yes, you could remove unnecessary apps. Be sure to check which apps can be removed because removing certain apps will cause problems.

A few good apps I use that require root access are Titanium Backup Pro (for app/text/call log/ backup) and Root Explorer.

Search "recommended root apps" or something along those lines and see what comes up. I'll look for a few good ones later when I get a chance, currently out with the family. :)

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site

Be very careful what you remove. In fact, once rooted, I would get Titanium like srkmagnus said, then, with Titanium, you can freeze apps, thaw and delete them. I would freeze first. See how the phone reacts. But, I also suggest that if you aren't totally sure which ones to freeze, don't. Now, say you see Yahoo! Finance, you can by all means freeze that one. Your phone does not depend on Yahoo to operate.

Now, in my case, I have not deleted any app that I have frozen. Just me and my paranoia, but I have not deleted any of them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty