How to get Google Music from Canada (As of Google's All Access service addition) walkthrough

forgetmeknot

Oct 19, 2013
Visit site
Tried this first with my Google account that was already associated with the Play store and I kept getting the 'territory' error; however I signed out and then signed in with a different Google account (associated with no downloads or purchases from the Play store) and it worked like a charm! Thanks OP!

Seriak

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
I don't get step 13 when I click standard account for the second time. I get the set up account screen. No add your music button.

Duckonquack

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
Sorry but Google seems to have already patched this loophole preventing anyone's Google account that has had activity on the Play Store from working.

We Canadians are just going to have to wait it out for now.

They did not patch it. I just signed up with my secondary email, wouldn't work with my primary (the one I really want it on lol). It seems there is some trickery going on, probably with google+ or something that's preventing my mainly used account from working, but the one I only use for sketchy forums/things I don't want in my main inbox emails worked

dinosaurchampion

Nov 5, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, I couldn't get it to work either. I tried two brand new accounts, followed the steps to a T (via proxmate), but it wouldn't work. I really want the locker service more than anything else.

Any other ideas? Proxmate was letting me use hulu and MTV and other US-only services so I imagine google has somehow figured out how to verify the CC address.

sierratango

Sep 25, 2013
Visit site
Google has completely closed the loophole for new accounts now. Proxy services such as Proxmate have had their servers blacklisted and will no longer work. Not sure about other VPN services, but the creator of Proxmate has confirmed this issue. If you were able to gain access to the music service prior to this, then it should still be functional.

Quote from Proxmate creator's Facebook:
Okay I did a few tests on youtube, google play and other services that are currently not working.

It turns out google blacklisted most of ProxMate's servers. If it detects that you are using one of these, the unblock won't work and you will get the usual restricted message.

This affects mainly youtube and google play. If other services are hit by this, please post it here.

A solution will take a little longer, but i'll definitely try to bring it back asap.

Edit: Just tested HotSpot Shield and it doesn't work either. Seems Google has blacklisted the popular and free VPN & proxy servers. However, I have tested with a paid private proxy server and it works fine. I was able to gain music access with a newly created Google account.

Last edited:

argaudette

Jan 6, 2013
Visit site
Got this to work with Tor today. After account is created I successfully logged in and uploaded music without Tor. Seems to be working great thanks!

argaudette

Jan 6, 2013
Visit site
Got this to work with Tor today. After account is created I successfully logged in and uploaded music without Tor. Seems to be working great thanks!

sw6lee

Feb 26, 2012
Visit site
I'm stuck at the "set up my account" where it requires me to add my US credit card number, where i don't have any. How did the OP, and other people get through this step? There is no way to go around this it seems? :(

sw6lee

Feb 26, 2012
Visit site
Hmm I actually got it to work! I was using a newly created account, because my original google account has wallet merchant setting setup, so I couldn't change country to US. So on my new account just for google music, I was stuck at the credit card step, and I just added my canadian credit card just like the OP said. It was confusing because his previous step was not shown for me. I went straight into the adding credit card step. I encountered another issue though. After I clicked to pay $ 0.00, it said there was a problem. Then I searched online, and someone said clearing cache or different browser may work. I didn't use Chrome, as I hate chrome and it's not installed, so I just quickly installed it and used it. Then It just assumed that I paid, and went straight into uploading music process!

Thanks a lot for the tutorial still! Hope other people may find my experience helpful. :)

Jade Tan

Dec 28, 2013
Visit site
Hey, when I use Proxmate to access music.google.com, I still get this screen, and I'm not able to go beyond. Proxmate's website says that if the extension is working, there should be a band that unfurls at the bottom of the screen, which I have, but I'm clearly still not able to access the full site. Can anyone help me with this problem?

1.png

incapri17

Jan 4, 2014
Visit site
Brilliant! Thank you so much! Easy to follow - but used the Hotspot Shield instead as ProxMate link wouldn't download for me. Uploading my itunes right now - again thanks for taking the time to post this :)

43Off

Jan 5, 2014
Visit site
Hey, when I use Proxmate to access music.google.com, I still get this screen, and I'm not able to go beyond. Proxmate's website says that if the extension is working, there should be a band that unfurls at the bottom of the screen, which I have, but I'm clearly still not able to access the full site. Can anyone help me with this problem?

Same here. Looks like Google blocked their proxy. It still works for Pandora, etc.

Stephane Sevigny

Jan 16, 2014
Visit site
I've tried this twice, once with my old gmail account which has had purchases through google play, and once with a new account. With the old account, I cant even get to the music page, with the other I've made it all the way to the purchasing of the free account to which I've gotten a technical error (might actually be an error). Ideally, I'd like to use my actual gmail account and so I was wondering if anyone has tried after closing their google wallet account? I noticed that you simply have to fill a form and contact someone from google (likely chat). I wonder if this would work...

Darci Thomson

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
I can't get it to work. I have attached screen shots in case this helps. the curious thing is that my SO's works and he uploaded his music from America but it won't let me do it from Canada. I can head over there and do it if need be as I live in a border town. Does anyone know if I do it this way if it will still work on my device in Canada? Or is there a workaround?

Darci

prox 3.jpg

prox.jpg

prox 2.jpg

Last edited:

Incadroider

Feb 18, 2014
Visit site
I've tried this twice, once with my old gmail account which has had purchases through google play, and once with a new account. With the old account, I cant even get to the music page, with the other I've made it all the way to the purchasing of the free account to which I've gotten a technical error (might actually be an error). Ideally, I'd like to use my actual gmail account and so I was wondering if anyone has tried after closing their google wallet account? I noticed that you simply have to fill a form and contact someone from google (likely chat). I wonder if this would work...

I also tried this twice : it didn't work with my usual gmail account on which I had made purchases on Google Play (after loging in at music.google.com, I got the "select territories only screen"), but it did work on a new account I created: I got to the purchase screen (6th screen), saw the technical error message (7th screen) which I hit "close", but then when I hit F5 (8th screen), the rest worked out perfectly.

I don't know about making it work with an account on which there has been purchases : even after removing the credit card attached to mine & with no remaining balance on it, I wasn't able to get past the sign-in.

In case this may help anyone else, here's what worked (and didn't) for me:
- In the end, I used the Tor Browser Bundle to simulate being in the states (I had also downloaded a Tor Vidalia package, but didn't work out how to use it with a browser).
* For those who are Tor newbies like me, you have to go change the "torrc" configuration file.
* What worked go to the folder where you installed Tor Browser, then "Data/Tor/", and open "torrc" with Notepad. At the end of the file, add this new line "ExitNodes {us}". Save, close, then open the Tor Browser to start step 2.
* What did not work in changing the "torrc" file was to add the lines "StrictExitNodes 1" or "StrictNodes 1", as many other sites had suggested.

Huge thanks to Jambamochi, I'm streaming my music on my phone as I type this! :cool:

adaromry

Mar 2, 2014
Visit site
YES! just worked from Israel, and without the second round, it activated my not-new account on the first stroke after entering a US zipcode with my name :)
Thanks a lot!!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apkmodyo