Manufacturing Warranty

SWD

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
So my boyfriend has a Sony Xperia TL (aka the James Bond phone). And basically it is in a comatose state....luckily I was able to make it work for the mean time. The AT&T store wants us to send it to a store to get it fixed and it will take 14 days. It is still under manufactures warranty and I think it is a battery overheating issue. It overheats ALOT. At rest it was 48.0 degrees Celsius.

If I called Sony and had them do their "diagnostic test" which quite frankly is a waste of time, will they just send a new phone with a return box or do I have to take it to a repair store? The problem is it is a work phone and we need it ASAP

Fairclough

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
It often depends on the company. I know Sony Ericsson Australia does it for any repairs. Not sure about your country though. Often they give you a very cheap mobile.

Posted via the mystical forest creatures that power this Nexus 4.

SWD

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
Apparently he went into major freakout mode and went to AT&T and had to add an additional line + a smart phone in order to get a usable phone. His Sony does work, it is a battery issue and a manufacturing issue. AT&T ran a diagnostic test and it kept shutting off after 5 minutes. So far the phone has been on for an hour and it has not overheated so far at rest. It happens often when he is making phone calls or using the GPS.

Cellphones are becoming a pain!