Samsung Galaxy S3 Upgrade to S4 BACKUP and Transfer DATA HELP!

bood9

Jul 23, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

Long time lurker here. Enjoy all the knowledge everyone shares. I have a S3 (with AT&T unfortunately but thats another story!) and upgraded to a galaxy s4 which I should be getting soon. I want to transfer all of my data exactly how it is on my S3 to my S4 so that my background/wallpaper and apps all show up on my s4. when I do the transferring of info will my apps show up in the same order/same pages on my new phone as they are on my present S3?

I tried doing an entire backup on Samsung Kies and it crashes on the last step of backing up messages at 21% and is frozen. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling Kies and am experiencing the same issue. I understand that Kies has a bad reputation but am wondering if there is a fix to this error or what other backup applicaiton I should use so that all my info can seamlessly be transferred to my new s4? I do appreciate everyones help with this issue that is driving me crazy.

Also, how has the s4s stock battery been for current users? The s3s stock battery was hoorrible and I had to buy the hyperion extended battery which better suited my needs but made my phone much bigger and more uncomfortable to transport. what slim protective cases do you recommend for the S4 if the s4 battery is good enough to avoid the extended battery route? I will need to buy one soon and appreciate all suggestions. I am not looking to get an insanely expensive one.

Lastly, I am curious what the biggest differences are with the new galaxy s4 and the new HTC samsung phones? the s4 seems to be the premier model but when I tested out the new HTC it seems like a solid phone and maybe even better with the sturdier, metal build to the phone. What are the specs/differences between these two phones?

bood9

Jul 23, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the information. And thanks for the link about transferring data between phones. that seems like a good product. but is there a way I can do this without having to pay for a product/application to transfer data between phones?

And on that phone data transfer product....would it transfer everything such as wallpaper and applications so that my phone background on my s3 would be the exact same on the new s4 and the applications and the order they are in on the pages on my s3 would be exactly the same on the s4? or would I need to rearrange all the apps/icons on the new phone?

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty