Android Tablet Issue

tandriaashlynn

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site
My tablet is having some kind of problem. It is on, and won't let me turn it off. When I press the power button to bring up the screen to enter my unlock pattern, it only stays on for less than a second, then the screen turns back off. The screen flashes back off too fast for me to shut the system off so I can put it in the recovery mode. Any ideas? :-\

Scott Kenyon

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
Press and hold the power button for up to 30 seconds. This should simulate a battery pull.
If this doesn't work, try to run it dead and recharge it. That'll force a reboot for sure. If this continues after those, do a hard reset. Report back after trying those ideas and we'll take it from there.

Sent from my HTC One with MoDaCo.SWITCH Beta 8 using Mobile Nations mobile app

Scott Kenyon

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
Like I said, hold the power button for up to 30 seconds. If that doesn't work, let the battery die, recharge it, and try to boot it up. Those should be your first two steps.

Sent from my HTC One with MoDaCo.SWITCH Beta 8 using Mobile Nations mobile app

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Does the screen shut off quickly even when the tablet is plugged in to the wall charger? And what brand of tablet is it?

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Agree with above posts. Also, are there any new apps installed on the device? One may not be playing well with others.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danishpeer