Power Button Not Responding

bgettel

Apr 29, 2023
Visit site
FIRST ISSUE
  • Galaxy A13 on Google Fi - Little over a year old
  • Screen times out / turns off
  • Pressing power button often does nothing to wake up the screen
  • But if I connect and then disconnect a charger, the screen awakes and I can use the phone
  • Eventually the screen times out again and this pattern repeats
RELATED ISSUE
  • Battery died
  • Charged battery to 100%
  • Power button now does nothing
  • I cannot turn the phone on to use it
I've tried several work-arounds found on the web w/no success. Opened a case with Google Fi and of course they want me to test all the buttons . . . . . . :mad:

Any ideas? I use this phone for work and cannot be without it for days or weeks.

Thanks in advance.

BG

bgettel

Apr 29, 2023
Visit site
Oh sorry, I should've realized that.

Does anything happen if press and hold Power for about 30 seconds?
No worries, Diddy. I'm grateful for the interaction.

The latest - I got a can of electrical contact cleaner and thoroughly soaked the area around the power button. I let it dry for a good 10 minutes and the damn thing powered on.

We'll see how she behaves going forward, but - WHY ON EARTH would the power button resume working before, after I simply connected and disconnected the charging cable? It's not like doing that would have moved whatever debris or corrosion was behind the button.

Reactions: B. Diddy

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Glad it's working! I don't have a good explanation about the relationship between the charging cable and the Power button. Was it a consistent thing after multiple tests, or did you just notice it the one time you did that? If you only noticed it once, maybe it was just coincidence.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dxter