Galaxy S3 - it says that memory is full while it isn't

JC Ng

Jan 24, 2015
Visit site
I have tried the dumpstate code (*#9900#) and every possible methods, nothing has really worked. I have restocked it and re-rooted, still the same issue. Even the large memory sizes applications (e.g. facebook and browser) should not consumed the 75-90% of the internal memory. CustomedRom OS only consumed the most of 2gigs.

Real Solution anyone?:-$

Nov 7, 2014
Visit site
Just spent an hour doing a factory reset on my rooted S4 (4.4.2) because of this issue (I tried the dumpstate but it did nothing), and I too are still having this problem.
Under device storage it shows 6.45GB under miscellaneous files, but when I go in and add them up I get less than 300 MB.
*sigh*

Please help! I don't know what else to do... I haven't even had the phone all that long (6 months?).

Nov 7, 2014
Visit site
Just spent an hour doing a factory reset on my rooted S4 (4.4.2) because of this issue (I tried the dumpstate but it did nothing), and I too are still having this problem.
Under device storage it shows 6.45GB under miscellaneous files, but when I go in and add them up I get less than 300 MB.
*sigh*

Please help! I don't know what else to do... I haven't even had the phone all that long (6 months?).

Success!!
I found on another forum somewhere that if you delete the Data folder (Android -> Data) it will solve this problem. I copied the folder to a file on my pc just in case, then deleted. Everything seems to be working fine thus far, and my Miscellaneous files are down to 465MB!! Woohoo!!

Only regret I have is doing the stupid factory reset :/ Due to the storage problem I wasn't able to get a backup to complete so now I'm back at square one! But at least it should be shiny and new-like now :)

antigee

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
galaxy s2 GTI9100 Android 4.1.2 2 years old repeated reporting low memory cleared off apps cache etc - still stuff not working couldn't download tiny new apps despite looking like loads of memory unused did the dial *#etc WOW stuff that had stopped working started and I could download some new apps that I wanted

thanks

as above concerned a scam dial but very obvious when you do it that it opens system stuff on phone not dialing anything took the risk as phone would have been in bin

Juan Net

Jun 14, 2015
Visit site
this solution really works , dialing (*#9900#) and deleting the dumpstate/logcat. BTW. I have a small galaxy S3.

and remember the biggest communication problem of all times, since the primitive community is that "we listen not to understand; we listen to replay ;-)
its nature right? its call from a physical point : conservation instincts , and from a psychological point , defense mechanism or protective rationalizations.
booo yaaaa!!!

Ravika

Jul 30, 2015
Visit site
Success!!
I found on another forum somewhere that if you delete the Data folder (Android -> Data) it will solve this problem. I copied the folder to a file on my pc just in case, then deleted. Everything seems to be working fine thus far, and my Miscellaneous files are down to 465MB!! Woohoo!!

Only regret I have is doing the stupid factory reset :/ Due to the storage problem I wasn't able to get a backup to complete so now I'm back at square one! But at least it should be shiny and new-like now :)

I signed up for this website just to thank you and say that it worked on my Galaxy S3!! I was one of those rare people who couldn't dial *#9900# because it would tell me that "we are unable to complete your call as dialed" (maybe because I have Verizon?). So I was beginning to lose hope since this solution seemed to work on everyone but me.... but yours worked, and I went from having 700 MB left on my phone to a whopping 7 GB!! Of course I made sure to copy my data files onto my desktop first, though.

My phone is infinitely faster, too! Like, it even boots up much faster than ever before. So again, thanks so much!! I was tired of being unable to even update my apps because of the memory storage problem, even though I deleted 5 apps of considerable weight and yet nothing wouldn't change... Now I must update 22 of them, please excuse me.

Last edited:

dmd1227

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
Success!!

Thanks so much. the *#9900# didn't help my Note 4 at all. But deleting the contents of this folder freed up many many gb. Haven't played with my phone to confirm anything beyond having free space again, hopefully it's all good. Thank you. Now to try to do the Chrome update that's been bugging me for days.

SweetfaceB

Jan 14, 2016
Visit site
Thanks a million. The storage isn't where I want it to be yet but I'm going to back up more files and delete them. Thank you, thank you, thank you.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa