Native Mail App Only Syncs 1 Month of Old Exchange Email??!

arichmond83

Aug 23, 2010
Visit site
Hello,

My contract is up with Verizon and I am considering getting a Droid 2. I downloaded the 2.2 ROM emulator to my computer and have been playing around with the interface. I am totally fine with the stock Email client (especially since it loads multiple Outlook accounts), but it seems to only sync the email back a max of 1 month!

I am hoping this is just in my test emulator version. Someone who has a unit and uses Exchange can tell me if they are able to download all past email? This makes the program worthless if, for example, I purchased a flight over a month ago and I am unable to pull up the receipt!

Any hacks, mods to make the stock email client pull up all Outlook email? I was not pleased with TouchDown, am taking a look at MailDroid now.

Thanks!!

takeshi

Jan 27, 2010
Visit site
That's why I use Touchdown (among other reasons). I can specify exactly how much I want synced. Different Exchange clients on Android offer different features. Check out the trials and see what suits you best. Don't forget about the HTC Work Email app, Moxier and RoadSync. I'm sure there are others as well.

Any hacks, mods to make the stock email client pull up all Outlook email?
It's Exchange email. Android doesn't retrieve email from Outlook.

arichmond83

Aug 23, 2010
Visit site
Thanks, nevermind though, I went in store today (I was out of the country for a while, so therefore was playing on an emulator) and found out that the Verizon email app pulls down all Exchange email, this was just an issue with the emulator software.

Silly question, thanks!