How to save to my SD card and which storage is the sd card?

Yousef Mohamed

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
So i have this problem, im not sure which one is my sd card, when i go to options in my phone there is storage options and there is
Phone Storage
Internal storage
Let system decide..

So, which one is my sd card?
And why does my phone keeps on saving app on my phone storage i mean, i have 8 gb sd card, why it doesent save it there?

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Re: How to save all of my stuff on my SD card and how do i know which storage is the sd card?

So i have this problem, im not sure which one is my sd card, when i go to options in my phone there is storage options and there is
Phone Storage
Internal storage
Let system decide..

And why does my phone keeps on saving app on my phone storage i mean, i have 8 gb sd card, why it doesent save it there?
By default, the device will save files and downloads to the internal sd card. You need to change the default download location to the external sd card, which can be done in the storage settings of the device. Note: Not all files can be stored to the external sd card by default, i.e. Apps.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: How to save all of my stuff on my SD card and how do i know which storage is the sd card?

Ok, so this is a bit puzzling, and I wonder if you could post a screenshot when of when it asks you to choose. Phone Storage and Internal Storage are usually one and the same. Phones will break their memory down in one of 2 different ways:

1. Older phones usually have 3 possible memory partitions: (a) Application Storage, which is anywhere from around 512 MB to 3 GB. This is where apps are installed, and where some app data is stored as well. You shouldn't be able to store anything yourself in Application Storage. (b) Internal Storage aka Phone Storage aka Internal SD, which is the main part of your phone's advertised memory that you can use to store data or media files. Apps can store data here as well. If your phone was advertised as having 16 GB of memory, the usable Internal Storage is typically only around 8 GB after accounting for the OS, bloatware, and Application Storage. (c) External SD card, which is obviously the SD card that you insert into the phone. Unless you root your phone, the external SD card is mostly useful for storing lots of media files. Some (but not all) apps can also store data on the external SD.

2. Newer phones have so-called unified storage, where there is no breakdown for Application Storage and Internal Storage. When you look at the Storage menu, you should just see two graphs of storage: Internal Storage and External SD card.

Now, in your case, we need to make sure that your device is recognizing your external SD card. Go to Settings/Storage, and make sure there is a separate storage graph for the external SD, apart from the Internal Storage. If you see it, then it should be available.

Next, we need to know what situation brought up the options of storing in Phone Storage, Internal Storage, or let system decide. As I mentioned above, this shouldn't happen, because Phone Storage and Internal Storage should be the same thing. So try to post a screenshot of when those options come up, and also post a screenshot of your Settings/Storage menu.

vrajesh shah

Apr 21, 2014
Visit site

Hi,
I want to know which place documents are stored in SD-card of Android phone?
At which location documents (like pdf, wordfile, ppt, textfiles etc..) are stored?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

Welcome to Android Central! It really depends on which app you're talking about, or if you're downloading a file from the web. Apps will usually have their own specific folder where documents or files are stored. If you're downloading a file from the web, it will go to the main Downloads folder--unless you're using certain browsers that might have their own download folder.

namrata saha

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site

Phone Storage
Internal storage
Let system decide..

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

Hi!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
123dzo