Used Wrong Stock Firmware!

pavlos94

Oct 31, 2013
Visit site
Hi guys. I bought an android last summer over changing form an iPhone (android is so much better!). I've bought the Samsung Galaxy S4 and rooted it almost straight away. But recently I wanted to upgrade to the latest firmware. So I unrooted my device using odin3, however I soon realised that i had used the wrong stock firmware (very stupid of me I know). I have downloaded the correct one and tried to change to it using odin3 however this always fails. I tried downloading the firmware I was originally on before I unrooted but this causes the same error! What I am doing wrong? All my firmware was downloaded from sammobile. I have the GT-I9505 unlocked (and all the firmware I downloaded was for the GT-I9505 unlocked version - just the wrong one!). It originally came from Hong Kong but I used the firmware from the UK.

Original Firmware before unrooting: I9505ZHUBMF4_I9505ZZHBMF4_I9505ZHUBMF4_HOME.tar.md5
Firmware I wrongly used to unroot (UK version): I9505XXUDMH8_I9505OXXDMHA_I9505XXUDMH8_HOME.tar.md5
Latest firmware (Hong Kong version): I9505ZHUDMI1_I9505ZZHDMI1_I9505ZHUDMI1_HOME.tar.md5
Odin v3.07

As i said whenever i try to flash either of the Hong Kong firmwares it fails and my phone says "Firmware upgrade encountered an error. Please connect to Kies....".
And i can't do anything to get off this screen unless I hook it back up to odin3 and use the UK firmware which seems to make my phone work again. I don't really want to remain on the UK version as non of my texts send and my phone switches off randomly and without warning! Please someone help!

As some of you can probably tell, I am a bit of an amature with all this stuff but want to learn (preferably without turning my phone into a paper weight though!).
I did read somewhere that I might have changed my bootloader(?) but the page was very vague on the matter and didn't go into much detail so i decided not to play a guessing game and start doing things i didn't really know if they would work or not.

Thanks for helping me.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Hi guys. I bought an android last summer over changing form an iPhone (android is so much better!). I've bought the Samsung Galaxy S4 and rooted it almost straight away. But recently I wanted to upgrade to the latest firmware. So I unrooted my device using odin3, however I soon realised that i had used the wrong stock firmware (very stupid of me I know). I have downloaded the correct one and tried to change to it using odin3 however this always fails. I tried downloading the firmware I was originally on before I unrooted but this causes the same error! What I am doing wrong? All my firmware was downloaded from sammobile. I have the GT-I9505 unlocked (and all the firmware I downloaded was for the GT-I9505 unlocked version - just the wrong one!). It originally came from Hong Kong but I used the firmware from the UK.

Original Firmware before unrooting: I9505ZHUBMF4_I9505ZZHBMF4_I9505ZHUBMF4_HOME.tar.md5
Firmware I wrongly used to unroot (UK version): I9505XXUDMH8_I9505OXXDMHA_I9505XXUDMH8_HOME.tar.md5
Latest firmware (Hong Kong version): I9505ZHUDMI1_I9505ZZHDMI1_I9505ZHUDMI1_HOME.tar.md5
Odin v3.07

As i said whenever i try to flash either of the Hong Kong firmwares it fails and my phone says "Firmware upgrade encountered an error. Please connect to Kies....".
And i can't do anything to get off this screen unless I hook it back up to odin3 and use the UK firmware which seems to make my phone work again. I don't really want to remain on the UK version as non of my texts send and my phone switches off randomly and without warning! Please someone help!

As some of you can probably tell, I am a bit of an amature with all this stuff but want to learn (preferably without turning my phone into a paper weight though!).
I did read somewhere that I might have changed my bootloader(?) but the page was very vague on the matter and didn't go into much detail so i decided not to play a guessing game and start doing things i didn't really know if they would work or not.

Thanks for helping me.

Welcome to the forums and Android.
Bummer about the device. The biggest reason that you may be having problems is even with the same device, the files aren't always in the same place. This can affect the bootloader. Have you tried to reflash the original firmware version?

pavlos94

Oct 31, 2013
Visit site
Yeah. It originally had the I9505ZHUBMF4 firmware which I've tried several times and still the same fail. Shall I try it on a different computer? Or will it not make a difference.

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Yeah. It originally had the I9505ZHUBMF4 firmware which I've tried several times and still the same fail. Shall I try it on a different computer? Or will it not make a difference.

Try different cables or ports first.

From a Sprint Moto X using AC forums app

pavlos94

Oct 31, 2013
Visit site
Try different cables or ports first.

I've tried different ports, cables, computers and versions of Odin. Still no luck :(
This is the message Odin gives when it fails:

<ID:0/003> Added!!
<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Check MD5.. Do not unplug the cable..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> I9505ZHUBMF4_I9505ZZHBMF4_I9505ZHUBMF4_HOME.tar.md5 is valid.
<OSM> Checking MD5 finished Sucessfully..
<OSM> Leave CS..
<ID:0/003> Odin v.3 engine (ID:3)..
<ID:0/003> File analysis..
<ID:0/003> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/003> Initialzation..
<ID:0/003> Get PIT for mapping..
<ID:0/003> Firmware update start..
<ID:0/003> sbl2.mbn
<ID:0/003> NAND Write Start!!
<ID:0/003> sbl3.mbn
<ID:0/003> rpm.mbn
<ID:0/003> aboot.mbn
<ID:0/003> FAIL! (Auth)
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I've tried different ports, cables, computers and versions of Odin. Still no luck :(
This is the message Odin gives when it fails:

<ID:0/003> Added!!
<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Check MD5.. Do not unplug the cable..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> I9505ZHUBMF4_I9505ZZHBMF4_I9505ZHUBMF4_HOME.tar.md5 is valid.
<OSM> Checking MD5 finished Sucessfully..
<OSM> Leave CS..
<ID:0/003> Odin v.3 engine (ID:3)..
<ID:0/003> File analysis..
<ID:0/003> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/003> Initialzation..
<ID:0/003> Get PIT for mapping..
<ID:0/003> Firmware update start..
<ID:0/003> sbl2.mbn
<ID:0/003> NAND Write Start!!
<ID:0/003> sbl3.mbn
<ID:0/003> rpm.mbn
<ID:0/003> aboot.mbn
<ID:0/003> FAIL! (Auth)
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)

It is getting hung up on a file. Question is which. I honestly don't know what else to suggest to do next.

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Ok. Thanks for your help. I will continue searching the web to see if there is an answer. Shall I try a new bootloader?

Since you are able to use Odin somewhat, you are accessing the boot loader, so I don't think that is needed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa