Help me organize my contacts

PanaWanKenobi

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
Hi
I am new here, and new to android devices.
I have been a blackberry user for the past 5 years. I can say i am totally impressed by android OS and my new Samsung Galaxy Note 2.
Here is my issue:
My main contact manager is Gmail. So, i synced my Note2 with Gmail and i got all my contacts. So far, so good. When i add more accounts (facebook, Linkedin, Skype) there are lots of contacts i dont need and also, many duplicates.

What i want to do is to delete all contacts and do it from the beginning as below:
1. Have all my contacts from my Gmail account, as they are
2. For only those contacts, i want to import details from facebook, twitter, skype and linkedin
3. I dont want any additional contacts to be added. There are people in my facebook friend list, i dont even know!
4. I want the default contact image to be synchronized with each contact's facebook profile pic

Thank you very much!

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Hi
I am new here, and new to android devices.
I have been a blackberry user for the past 5 years. I can say i am totally impressed by android OS and my new Samsung Galaxy Note 2.
Here is my issue:
My main contact manager is Gmail. So, i synced my Note2 with Gmail and i got all my contacts. So far, so good. When i add more accounts (facebook, Linkedin, Skype) there are lots of contacts i dont need and also, many duplicates.

What i want to do is to delete all contacts and do it from the beginning as below:
1. Have all my contacts from my Gmail account, as they are
2. For only those contacts, i want to import details from facebook, twitter, skype and linkedin
3. I dont want any additional contacts to be added. There are people in my facebook friend list, i dont even know!
4. I want the default contact image to be synchronized with each contact's facebook profile pic

Thank you very much!

Welcome to the forums.
I don't think you need to erase everything. You should be able to link contacts together, and if you go into contacts, and click menu, you should have options for showing only certain types of contacts, like only those with phone numbers.
As for linking with social media, I am not exactly sure. I don't use those services.

PanaWanKenobi

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
YES that did it!
settings → contacts to display →customized list
And join contacts with no picture with the corresponding fb contact
PERFECT!
Thanks a lot

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
YES that did it!
settings → contacts to display →customized list
And join contacts with no picture with the corresponding fb contact
PERFECT!
Thanks a lot

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk

Cool. And I thought I only half answered the question....:)
See you around the forums.

wendy5001

Mar 13, 2014
Visit site
I have it set to "display by first name" but it's still separating some by last, say a doctor. How can I fix this? Thanks

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

wendy5001

Mar 13, 2014
Visit site
This is solved... when they transferred over they didn't come with Dr as a first name...duh. And I learned how to clear the cache. 2 birds one stone! Thanks!!!

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Dumb question....how do I do that? Been years since I used an android. When to iPhone for 3.... what was I thinking?

Settings, apps, swipe over to all, scroll down to contacts, click clear cache. After that, I would restart the device.

From a Sprint Moto X using AC Forums app

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
codex_umbra