Should I upgrade??

Geekerz

Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
Hello, I own an Samsung Galaxy S2 LTE aka Skyrocket. The unit has been a champ for years. Never had a single issue with the unit. The unit is running 4.1.2 *vanilla Samsung*

Is there a real benefit to getting the new S4, other then the simple rhetoric about it being faster?

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Welcome to the forums!

Yes, the S4 is a worthy upgrade to your S2. Not only is it running a newer version of Android and blessed with better display. It's also faster (of course) and blessed with a superior camera and compatibility with the Galaxy Gear (should you ever want to try that). However, I might add, unless you're married to Samsung you should consider the other top contenders for 2013 as well:

The Moto X (almost endlessly customizable with great features and performance)
The HTC One (now available it lots of colors for it great build quality and delicious display),
The LG G2 (my device of choice and great phone with a great display and camera as well).
The Nexus 5 (great price on a super phone...no way the S4 is better than this puppy).

That written, if you should decide on the S4 know that you'll have a great phone with lots of support from developers for custom ROMs should you decide to try something even fresher.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Great post, Haalycon!

As a side note, the Moto X will be $349/$399 for the 16/32 GB versions this coming Monday. If you see a need to update and the Moto X is your device, then consider getting it this coming Monday.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress