1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Data speeds slowing down after software update

I have a Xperia Z on T-Mobile I recently updated for 4.1 to 4.2 & now my data speeds are slower or nonexistent at certain areas of my job. I just wanted to know how is it possible for this to happen because I had a Galaxy SII with Sprint & the exact same thing happened.

ROM
    AreaROM 3.0 or CM7.0.1

Default Re: Data speeds slowing down after software update

It's possible for coverage to change day by day, and a weaker signal means slower data. If your job is a place with a lot of conductive things being moved around (crates, filing cabinets, appliances - even computers), you'll get different signals on different days at the same spots. The carrier can't do anything about that.

With Android you can run an app called Signal Check Lite. If you get one person on each carrier (AT&T, Sprint, TMobile and Verizon) to run it, and go to what's a dead spot for you, you'll see which carrier has the best signal. Do that with a few spots on different days, and you might find that one carrier has a good signal all over your job. Or not - you could just be far enough out that all of them have weak signals there. Then a repeater MIGHT help, but they're about in the $200 range to start and require an internet connection that can handle VoIP signals quality (and a place that gets GPS signals).