need help with GT-S7560M

Ehrman

Dec 31, 2013
Visit site
Hi guys, let me start by saying I'm not very tech savvy. I bought a backup phone after my sister misplaced her phone. When her's later turned up she returned the phone I had purchased to me and it was quickly forgotten. Now I need to use it and she doesn't remember what she set the password as. The phone is a GT-S7560M I have googled how to factory reset it and was told to hold the vol up, home, and power keys. When I do this the screen lights up for a moment then goes dark again. if I keep holding and waiting for the samsung logo to appear nothing happens, if I release the buttons when the screen flashes it starts up normally and takes me to the screen where it asks for my password. If I hold the vol down button, home, power, then release when the screen flashes it takes me to a screen that says:

Warning!!
A custom OS can cause critical problems in a phone and installed applications.

If you want to download a custom OS, press the volume up key.
Otherwise, press the volume down key to cancel.

Volume up: Continue
Volume down: Cancel (restart phone)

SInce restarting the phone only takes me back to the password screen I tried pushing volume up which takes me to a screen that says:

(ODIN3)
PRODUCT: GT-S7560M
VERSION: S7560MVLAMA5
CUSTOM BINARY DOWNLOAD: NO
CURRENT BINARY: SAMSUNG OFFICIAL
SYSTEM STATUS: CUSTOM

Dowloading...
Do not turn off target!!

I do not want a custom operating system I just want to factory reset my phone so I can use it. My main phone is broken. Please can anyone advise me on what to do? Is there no way to reset a phone once a custom operating system is on it? If that is so, then is there a way I can just bypass the password my sister put on it so I can use my phone with the custom operating system?
Thank You,
-Ehrman

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Just keep putting in passwords until it fails. Then it will ask you for your gmail login and password. (Or have her put in hers if it was changed to hers.)

Ehrman

Dec 31, 2013
Visit site
She does't use gmail, if she made one for the set up of this phone she claims to have no recollection of it :-/ GOD I HATE MY SISTER RIGHT NOW!

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Okay, but you'll lose all data on the phone.

Boot into recovery (volume DOWN key/home/power). When you see the little blue text in the upper left corner of the screen, you can let go of everything.

When the recovery screen comes up, factory reset the phone.

Ehrman

Dec 31, 2013
Visit site
If you read my original post you'll see that I CAN'T boot into recovery mode there is a detailed description of what happens when I try. :-(

Abraham Michaud

Jun 3, 2014
Visit site
Same problem to. All 3 of my gt-s7560m phones blip and stall and freeze 3-6 times a day. CALL SAMSUNG TO COMPLAIN. These phones are bad eggs! Recall recall recall.

masterkit

Jun 12, 2014
Visit site
hold down VOLUMES UP AND DOWN + MIDDLE + POWER BUTTONS then let go once mobile phone turns on... sorry for the late reply... it worked for me

Vicki k Gibson

Jun 12, 2016
Visit site
,y phone will not hard boot. Does a sort ustart up with power button only then black screen. Is there a way to reset the mother board? I did the full button presses for hard boot. Nothing. Any suggestions?
Thanks.