Is There A Way to Keep Apps. & Services Stopped?!?

djlen

Aug 25, 2012
Visit site
I have an old model Samsung Rugby Android that runs slowly. I've been given suggestions on how to help speed it
up a bit. One of them was to stop unnecessary apps./services from running and I have done that.
The problem is that when I re-start the phone they are right back running again. Is there a way to stop them and keep
them from re-starting each time I have to restart the phone?
Any help with this would be appreciated.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
I have an old model Samsung Rugby Android that runs slowly. I've been given suggestions on how to help speed it
up a bit. One of them was to stop unnecessary apps./services from running and I have done that.
The problem is that when I re-start the phone they are right back running again. Is there a way to stop them and keep
them from re-starting each time I have to restart the phone?
Any help with this would be appreciated.
It sounds like you may need to factory reset and start fresh. This should help with the sluggishness you are seeing.

Regarding Apps running, some Apps and services need to run all the time and will restart at some point if you force stop it. Now, if you downloaded an App that is always running, when it probably shouldn't, then that would be a problem App and should be removed. What Apps or services did you stop?

djlen

Aug 25, 2012
Visit site
Well, for some reason there are two Google Maps that keep coming back, something called media hub, social hub (nieither of these two have I ever used)
and I'd like to not have Google Play Services, or Google Play Store running all the time. I only use the Play Store very occasionally so I don't see the need to
have it running all the time.
I guess these are more services than apps.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Well, for some reason there are two Google Maps that keep coming back, something called media hub, social hub (nieither of these two have I ever used)
and I'd like to not have Google Play Services, or Google Play Store running all the time. I only use the Play Store very occasionally so I don't see the need to
have it running all the time.
I guess these are more services than apps.
Got it. Well, the Media and Social Media Hub's are services provided by the manufacturer and can be stopped. But since those are built into the system and designed to run both will restart when the phone is turned back or at some point while the phone is running. If you go into Settings > Applications > Social Media/Media Hub is there an option to disable? if so, try that.

Regarding Play Services, that's going to restart since it's part of the Play Store and tied into other Google services. I wouldn't worry so much about the Google services. It's the ones tied into the device by the Manufacturer that you want to worry about and should be able to stop or disable with no negative side effects.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana