Lost contacts!!

sullu89

Jan 15, 2014
Visit site
Last night, my dad tried to update apps on his phone but he was getting some error. After some research, I learned that all he had to do was remove and then re-add his Google account. So I went ahead and did that and everything was working dandy. Fast forward to this morning and my dad told me that all his contacts were gone. Thinking he just needed to sync his account again, I did that. A lot of contacts popped up but none of the new ones were there. Apparently he wasn't syncing them regularly. Now my question is, if he was adding contacts and they weren't syncing, where were they saving? And when I deleted the account, where did the contacts go? Any help would be appreciated! Thanks in advance.

dancing-bass

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
They may have been saved to the SIM card, but I don't know what device you have so I can't tell you how to check.

Worst case scenario I can think of is that they were saved to the Google account on the phone itself, but if they were not synced to the cloud, they are gone. I hope that's not the case and that someone can help you a little more

Last edited:

sullu89

Jan 15, 2014
Visit site
Unfortunately, they're not on the sim. In the Contacts settings, I selected show contacts from all accounts, phone, and SIM. And I'm using a T-Mobile Galaxy S3.