Need help with video calls between the Galaxy S Blaze and an iPhone

androidfan4000

Feb 9, 2014
Visit site
Hi,

I have the samsung galaxy s blaze 4G phone. My friend has an iphone and she has the facetime feature on her iphone which allows her to make video calls. My phone is an android as you know. If she calls me through the facetime feature on her iphone is there a way for me to connect to her video call so that we can both see each other on video? Do I need to download an app(maybe an app made by apple that is made to run on android phones) to enable my phone to have the capability of accepting facetime calls made from her iphone? Or should we just forget about the facetime nonsense and just use something like skype or another similar app that will run on both the iphone and android devices? But she does not want to go to the trouble of singing up to something in order to use an app.

Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
You need to use a service use Hangouts, which is available in both platforms and allows you to make video calls. FaceTime won't connect to Hangouts, or any other service.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

someguy01234

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
Welcome to Apple walled garden. FaceTime is a propriety and exclusive Apple service that will only work with Apple devices.

You'll have to use cross platform services, such as real phone calls or some other VOIP or messaging services. Both devices have to have the same app installed.

Google Hangouts is one alternative. You can try Vonage, which is a VOIP service, it let you make free outgoing calls in US, or you can make free/text/video calls if two people have the app running.

sent via my Le Motonovo X

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87