Can't send or receive picture messages?

brown_owl

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
I searched some other threads on the subject, but couldn't find an answer, so sorry if this is a duplicate thread.

I can send and receive normal texts, but not pictures. When I try to send a picture, it says "Message not sent." "MMS not supported by network." "Server response error." And when someone tries to send me a picture, I was directed to a website called viewmymessage.com.

I have a Samsung Galaxy s3 with AT&T. Any ideas? Thanks.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Are you using the messaging app that came with the phone, or Hangouts, or some other messaging app? Also, MMS requires your mobile data (3G or 4G) to be on--it doesn't work over wifi or the voice line. Are you sure your mobile data is on?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
And you're able to access other parts of the web with your mobile data, correct? Just need to make sure there isn't any network problem in your area. I'd suggest calling AT&T and seeing if there's a problem they're aware of.

brown_owl

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
Yes, I can access everything else with my mobile data. Just having trouble with picture messages. I will call AT&T tomorrow. Do you think switching to another messaging app would help?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
It sounds as if your MMS data is set up wrong. Switching to another app wouldn't make any difference. But any AT&T DSC should be able to fix the problem in a couple of minutes.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty