my phone wont read SD card music

magicstorm101

Sep 10, 2012
Visit site
i have my samsung SCH-R740C,and i put the SD card from my previous phone in it. ( it wasnt a samsung.i forgot what it was), and for a while, it was working fine in the new phone. however every once in a while, pictures,videos and music get corrupted and i dont know why.( i would save it to cloud,but it takes an extremely long time even with wifi. google+ backs up alot of ny files for me,but idk if it backs up audio.)

somehow the phone messes up my files. at first, music that i had already saved on the external SD card i could listen to(although some songs were corrupted and skipped a lot),but any new music had to be in the phone, or else i couldnt play it. now,NONE of the music can be on the exteral card so i have to move it to the phone just to hear it. id rather keep my music on my external SD card,so i could move it whenever i get a new phone,but im afraid that it will forever corrupt the music. any way to fix this?

Posted via Android Central App

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Need to know something first - what brand of card is it? If it's an older SanDisk card, it may be subject to the "Samsung corruption". Even though it's Samsung's fault, SanDisk has worked out a patch to the card that fixes the problem, and they'll replace your card.

If not, install SD Insight (free at the Play store) and run it on the card. It'll give you some idea of what you're dealing with. You can also run A1 SD Bench (akso free at Play) to get a better idea. It could be a counterfeit card or it could just be a card made of reject chips. (I don't work for SanDisk and never have, but their cards are the only ones I'll buy. If they're not counterfeit, I know I'm buying a good card. And a company that stands behind its product.)

magicstorm101

Sep 10, 2012
Visit site
Need to know something first - what brand of card is it? If it's an older SanDisk card, it may be subject to the "Samsung corruption". Even though it's Samsung's fault, SanDisk has worked out a patch to the card that fixes the problem, and they'll replace your card.

If not, install SD Insight (free at the Play store) and run it on the card. It'll give you some idea of what you're dealing with. You can also run A1 SD Bench (akso free at Play) to get a better idea. It could be a counterfeit card or it could just be a card made of reject chips. (I don't work for SanDisk and never have, but their cards are the only ones I'll buy. If they're not counterfeit, I know I'm buying a good card. And a company that stands behind its product.)

yes, its a SanDisk card. ill try what you suggested,and see if i can fix it. thanks!

♥~?*Phone Magix*?~♥

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty