Can't connect Moment to Mac.....

Jim W

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
Is there a compatibility issue with 10.4 OS X?

When I plug my Moment into my iMac it does not connect, it does charge though.

I am aware of the drop down menu with the option to connect, as I can connect it to my work laptop (Windows XP) with no problems, it just does not pop up with the Mac. :confused:

(I need to try my son's, as he is running an Intel based one)

Jerry Hildenbrand

Space Cowboy
Staff member
Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
Go into Settings -> Applications -> Development on your phone's main menu. Make sure USB debugging is turned on.

A widget will pop up on your Mac saying it's recognized a network device and will want to install the phone as a modem. Don't worry about it.

Go into "Notifications" from the phone's main menu and you'll see a notification under "Ongoing" that says "USB Connected (select to copy files to/from your computer)". Touch it.

You'll get a dialogue with the title "USB Connected" and the text "You have connected your phone to your computer via USB. Select 'Mount' if you want to copy files between your computer and your phone's SD card." It offers options of "Mount" and "Don't Mount". Touch "Mount".

A removeable drive will appear in Finder called "No Name". That's your Micro SD card.

http://www.brainhandles.com/answers/samsung-moment-to-macbook-usb-connection-problem-solved

Jim W

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
No good.

I tested with my son's Intel iMac as well and still does not connect. I made sure to plug directly into the computer as well and not a USB hub. (in case that was the issue)

**edit**

Now I can't seem to connect to my Windows laptop anymore, after switching that debugging setting. Doesn't work after putting it back either. hmmm

Last edited:

Jerry Hildenbrand

Space Cowboy
Staff member
Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
Hmm. I'm not a mac guy by any means, but to get it to connect back to the win PC try putting your settings back as they were, reboot the phone while it's connected to the pc.

If that doesn't work, reboot the pc while the phone is not connected. Windows plug and play saves some info in the temp files that may need to be overwritten.