ROM to eZee?Tab785

Maxim Stratan

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
Hello! Do anyone know a compatible ROM with eZee?Tab785 by Storex? I didn't knew that a device need a specific version of ROM and now that i purchased this tablet i think that this was a bad choise. I can't find anything about this tablet :( Tanks ;)

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
First question - what specifically are you looking for in a ROM?

Putting a custom ROM on a device just so you can say you have one is bad for 2 reasons:
1) It voids the warranty.
2) You can mess the device up when flashing a ROM - you can even permanently damage it.

If there's something specific you're looking for in a ROM, there may be one out there that meets your need. (And, yes, every phone and tablet needs a specific version of any ROM. There's no phone or tablet that can take any ROM, and there's no ROM that can be used by any device. Your tablet is no different than any other one as far as that goes.)

Maxim Stratan

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
Hi, thank for the reply. Are you sure that it voids the waranty? I guess that here in Europe is a law that say that user can change the firmware and the waranty covers that. The mais reason for a custom ROM is the speed of a new OS. I read that there are ROMs that make the device run faster. My tablet is a quite slow and i wonder to make it faster xD Thanks ;)

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
If you've read about a ROM that makes that specific device faster, use it. If not, just search the web for a ROM for that model number. Also see http://forums.androidcentral.com/general-help-how/312468-how-can-i-update-tablet.html

I know that the EU prohibits voiding the warranty for rooting, but flashing a new ROM may not be covered by that. (I'm not a lawyer, so even if I lived in the EU, I wouldn't claim to be able to give you a definitive answer.)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty