Cosmetic Tablet Damage

Nick Nemis

May 2, 2014
Visit site
I have some cosmetic damage on my Proscan tablet i want to repair myself. It looks like it's very reasonable to fix it. Im having bad luck, I 100% destroyed my tablet this week after going through two in the last few months. But then there's this 4th one.
I dropeed it the same way as the last one and it looked messed. The casing was all offset, but i put enough pressure on it to snap that black casing, like the actual edges and back of it all connected back in place. but on one corner its lifted well off the casing, the screen works 100% still. I can see some light shining in under the screen so i assume i can see the light from the backlight. I feel as i know nothing about tablets but i gave the best description of my situation i could. It looks like its easy enough, just push it and snap the screen back in so its flat and straight again. but it doesnt matter cuz its not that easy. Maybe i need to open it up a bit to get it lined up in place again, maybe its a little more complex. But I'd appreciate anyone who knows about tablet cosmetics to point me in the right direction.

Kelly Burby

Banned
Nov 26, 2013
Visit site
I have some cosmetic damage on my Proscan tablet i want to repair myself. It looks like it's very reasonable to fix it. Im having bad luck, I 100% destroyed my tablet this week after going through two in the last few months. But then there's this 4th one.
I dropeed it the same way as the last one and it looked messed. The casing was all offset, but i put enough pressure on it to snap that black casing, like the actual edges and back of it all connected back in place. but on one corner its lifted well off the casing, the screen works 100% still. I can see some light shining in under the screen so i assume i can see the light from the backlight. I feel as i know nothing about tablets but i gave the best description of my situation i could. It looks like its easy enough, just push it and snap the screen back in so its flat and straight again. but it doesnt matter cuz its not that easy. Maybe i need to open it up a bit to get it lined up in place again, maybe its a little more complex. But I'd appreciate anyone who knows about tablet cosmetics to point me in the right direction.

Well, I would be much more better if you have uploaded the image in this way we can actually have a look at the problem i.e what type of damage is it, I can't guide you just by ... hope you understand.

Nick Nemis

May 2, 2014
Visit site
Sounds good I should be able to get a pic, I will post a pic right when i get a chance to and hopefully it will make it easy enough to figure out whats needed to be done. Cheers

edit - please wait a day or so guys til i have access to a camera to take a pic of it i only have the camera on the tablet cuz im without a phone.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty