Help On Downgrading?

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
How do I downgrade my HTC One back to 4.1.2? I already have my phone rooted but I don't know how to downgrade it
You should be able to flash a ROM that is based on 4.1.2. Otherwise, you will need to find the appropriate ROM Utility Update (RUU) for your model HTC One (be sure it's specific to your model) and use that to restore back. That will get you unrooted, back to stock and on 4.1.2.

By the way, which HTC One do you have (M7/M8 and carrier)?

May 16, 2014
Visit site
I have the M7 from AT&T. I can't really find a ROM that says it's built for the HTC One, any website that I try finding says its only there to like customize 4.1.2 only if it's already there. Could you perhaps give me a link? Also is it possible to keep 4.4.2's keyboard along with its emojis? This is the only thing that I would like to be saved if it's at all possible.

May 16, 2014
Visit site
Okay I'm in big trouble now I was able to finally a 4.1.2 rom but when I flashed it the touch screen wouldn't do anything. The power and volume buttons were the only functional left. And then I did a few adjustments while in TWRP but that got me stuck in there since now I don't have a OS program running for some reason. HELP! I would really appreciate the help srkmagnus :'(
Who would have thought rooting and flashing ROMs would be this difficult.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
There's a saying - when you find yourself stuck in a hole, the first thing to do is stop digging. The more you do, the worse you're going to make the situation.

Bring the phone to the carrier's store, ask if they do repairs there, or where they have a store that does repairs, and pay to have the phone fixed. Or, if the estimate is more than the phone is worth, buy a new one. And don't try playing with it until you learn more.