I need help guys please if anyone would be so kind as to help me i would be forever greatful

May 31, 2014
Visit site
ellipsis 7 is Exclusive to Verizon and so many people are not sure what it is.. so if you google it ... i am having trouble finding a app i can use for jouraling.. this tablet was meant just for me to collect all of my paper journalling and adding to this tablet.. however i need an app thats going to backup all my writing.

so if i leave the tablet and resume my typing so something like auto backup... some say google drive, some say Onenote, some say alot of things but i dont know which one to use..

my primary goal is to have a dependable app that is going to promose to back up hours if not days and months of me typing.... something safe and secure.

heads up, i am a avid apple user so this is all new to me and i really appreciate all the help. so please know anything you say is helpful ..

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
Google Docs
Google Inc. - May 29, 2014

Description
Create, edit & collaborate with others on documents from your Android phone or tablet with the free Google Docs app.
With Google Docs you can:
- Create new documents or open and edit any that you started on the web or another device.
- Share documents and work together with others in the same document at the same time
- Get stuff done anytime--even without an internet connection
- Add and respond to comments
- Never worry about losing your work--everything is automatically saved as you type

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...android.apps.docs.editors.docs&token=wuMUbHVU

May 31, 2014
Visit site
thank you, does this application back up all of my typing? so i dont lose it? like backing things up to a cloud or something like that?

- - - Updated - - -

Does this application backup my info? is it secure and safe? thank you for replying

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! I agree, Google Drive/Google Docs is the way to go. Google Docs is basically the cloud word processor associated with Google Drive (your cloud drive from Google). Google Docs has pretty good functionality, and it is constantly saving your document. Since it's in the cloud, you can work on it anywhere--your tablet, your phone, or your laptop/desktop. I consider Google Drive to be quite safe and secure, so there's very little chance of losing your data. You get 15 GB of free storage, and increasing your storage is pretty cheap these days ($1.99/month to increase it to 100 GB).

Also, since Google Drive is preloaded and closely integrated into all Android devices, there's no need to install 3rd party apps.

May 31, 2014
Visit site
hey there, yes i spoke to a young guy at best buy he was telling me about this... however if im downloading it .. it would be considered a 3rd party application since it doesnt come loaded on my tablet... i have a very budgety tablet... im trying to make it work though.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Google Drive didn't come preinstalled on your Ellipsis? That's odd, because it's usually preinstalled. They changed it recently such that you may have to install Google Docs (the word processor) and Google Sheets (the spreadsheet app) separately. But since they're from Google, they're not 3rd party, and therefore much more likely to run smoothly on Android (coming from Google) than a 3rd party app.

May 31, 2014
Visit site
Yes, there isnt even a way to save documents i had to download this application " download docs" or something or other... i guess my tablet is REALLY budget friendly?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Ok, make sure you have the following installed on your device:

Google Drive
Google Docs

Now open Google Docs and start typing. The document will constantly save to Google Drive (in the cloud, not on your device) on an ongoing basis as you type. In order to save to the cloud, you have to be connected to the internet via wi-fi or mobile data (3G/4G). If you're not connected, you can still create a document--it will be temporarily saved on your device, but once you connect to the internet, it will then save to your Google Drive in the cloud.

If you put your phone away, and then sit down at your computer and go to drive.google.com, you can now continue working on that document on the computer. Neat, huh?:)

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Re: Can i get everyones impute on my budget tablet? Thank you so much in advance

Hi, so i got the ellipsis 7. I bought it for 49.00 on a 2 year contract. It doesnt have kit kat but jellybean.... its decent in terms of picture.. it hardly compares to my imac, or 5s. but i wanted something i could use to journal daily. Thats all im using it for..

so are there things i can do to improve my experience with this device? applications that are good to have? since i am avid apple user i dont know the play store like i know the app store on apple.com any help, advice and impute even if its negative i appreciate. just want to get a feel from others i still have 14 days to return it...
Aside from journal use, are there any other things you might or could see yourself using it for? That'll help us recommend some Apps or widgets to get you started :). In the meantime, here are a few of my favorites:

News Reader: Feedly - Google Play Store
Podcast: BeyondPod - Google Play Store
Note Taking: Google Keep - Google Play Store
Calendar Replacement: Cal, by Any.Do - Google Play Store

Those are a few. Let us know what you'll be doing with the tablet or if there's anything you can't find and we'll try an dhelp.

May 31, 2014
Visit site
yes, thank you so much i am going with this app! :) well its actually already on my tablet if i have internet ... im curious is it better to go thru the app or via google.com?

well mostly journalling ... i just want to recap from the last 6 years of my life... i mean to be honest if i wanted to do something along the lines of media i would have just gotten a macbook air/pro .... retina display. because the display on this thing is awful lol i was watching youtube in HD apparently and it was awful ... my 5s display is beyond gorgeous .. this tablet fails miserable in comparison.

anywways, sorry i wasnt done .. lol journaling i mean i wish i could say i would like to stream from netflex but its like the picture quality is crap- is there anything you can suggest? oh, i would love to be able to read books?!! thats one thing i wanted to do for sure.. i just remembered that too... so reading a book digitally of course.. what is the BEST app for this

Last edited by a moderator:

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
Re: Can i get everyones impute on my budget tablet? Thank you so much in advance

anywways, sorry i wasnt done .. lol journaling i mean i wish i could say i would like to stream from netflex but its like the picture quality is crap- is there anything you can suggest? oh, i would love to be able to read books?!! thats one thing i wanted to do for sure.. i just remembered that too... so reading a book digitally of course.. what is the BEST app for this

Google Play Books, Kindle, and others... Aldiko, and there are others I can't remember at the moment. But download the Kindle app from Amazon because they have a lot of free books. I'm sure Google does too, but I haven't really looked.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty