How can I test my LTE speeds?

A

AC Question

LTE speeds, big deal or not

My Iphone 4 is taking longer to load. I am in Memphis, and use Sprint. Dropped a few calls. I use 300 minutes or less a month in talk time, and only exceeded 1 gig data one time in 2 years. So what is this with LTE speed. Will i do better upgrading phones to like a Samsung Galaxy 5 or HTC One Max? How can I test my speed now and should I switch to Tmobile. I pay $72 a month now for unlimited text and data and 450 anytime minutes.

How can I find out if switching carriers benefits me on coverage. I am in Memphis all but say 25 days a year, and those other days are like NYC, or Destin, FLA or Nashville, and usually driving. Rarely ever in a rural setting unless its a vacation and then Im not all that worried about connecting to the net.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: LTE speeds, big deal or not

Welcome to Android Central! LTE speed can be a huge improvement over 3G, but it depends on your provider and your area. Since you have an iPhone 4 (which doesn't have LTE), there's no way for you to test the LTE speeds in your area on your current provider. T-Mobile is pretty good about testing out their network--you could start a plan with them with a new phone, and try it for a couple of weeks. If it doesn't work well for you, you can return the phone and cancel the plan without any penalty.

Be aware, though, that whenever anyone graduates to faster mobile speeds, data usage inevitably goes up, because you can access the web so much faster (less time spent waiting for things to load). You'll probably also find it easier to stream music or videos, which can eat up a lot of data.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87