Question about how Android Stores E-Mails

oozie

May 27, 2010
Visit site
This may be a question better suited for an MS Exchange forum, but since it specifically involves my Vibrant I figured I would give it a shot here.

My company uses Exchange for our e-mail system and since I received my Vibrant I have been using it without problem for viewing my e-mails. We recently discovered that there is a significant amount of corruption in the Exchange data store and are trying to move all of our employees e-mails to a .pst instead of being stored on the Exchange server out of fear it may crash soon. So the e-mails that we receive come in via Exchange and immediately filter down to the .pst files when they hit Outlook. I understand this means I can no longer use and Exchange account on my phone, so I deleted that account and set up a POP3 account instead. It seems that with a POP3 account set up on your Android phone, once you read the message it disappears the next time your mail account is refreshed on your phone. Is there any way with the set-up I have described that you can get the Android phone to store your e-mail messages locally on the phone? Thanks for any help you can give me.

takeshi

Jan 27, 2010
Visit site
I doubt an Exchange forum would really help. What you're seeing isn't due to the Exchange server but the POP client on your device.

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I agree with what Takeshi said.
You are better off having the emails forwarded to a gmail account this way you will always have a copy of it in the cloud that you can ALWAYS access.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sergio1