Where are the folders for my apps??

pawprints86

May 10, 2013
Visit site
Arent all app folders supposed to be located in "sdcard/android/data"?? I am not seeing folders at all for many of my apps. For some of the apps I see folders for, i will go in and nothing is actually inside (for example my simpsons tapped out game). some examples of things im not seeing folders at all for are candy crush, disneys hidden worlds, farm heroes saga, flashlight.

Anyone know possibly why it is that I am unable to find where these apps live on my device?

im playing around with directory bind, but i cannot store apps to the external sd card if i dont know where to tell the program they are on the internal one.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
If you're not rooted, you won't necessarily see the actual app folders, since they're probably in a protected directory. The ones you see in the data folder hold only data, not the actual app files.

raptir

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
Applications can store data in a few places. What you are seeing in /sdcard/android/data is unprotected and considered "portable," meaning you could in theory move it to a new device. The main application data is stored in /data/data and the applications themselves are in /data/app.

pawprints86

May 10, 2013
Visit site
I am rooted, but im not seeing a data folder at all. It wont even let me go outside of "sdcard" in my file manager.

Perhaps i need to try this plugged into the computer?

im running rooted 4.0.4 if that helps.