only one speaker works

May 14, 2014
Visit site
I have an lg volt 4.4.2 and recently rooted it. Before rooting audio only played out of the left speaker on the bottom. It still only plays out of the one speaker. I put that in because now my warrantee is screwed and I wondered if theres anything I can do

Posted via the Android Central App

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
I have an lg volt 4.4.2 and recently rooted it. Before rooting audio only played out of the left speaker on the bottom. It still only plays out of the one speaker. I put that in because now my warrantee is screwed and I wondered if theres anything I can do

Posted via the Android Central App

I have some suggestions here:

1. Purchase a bluetooth speaker.
2. Send it for repairs and pay the cost of it.
3. Listen to your media with headphones/earphones.

I haven't been able to find parts for the LG Volt, so I would assume LG or an LG certified repair center would be the only ones who have the parts you need.

raptir

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
That totally passed me by. A lot of manufacturers do that to their devices. Good catch!

I only thought of it because I have a Nexus 5, an LG device made around the same time, and it has one speaker and a matching grill that is actually just the microphone.

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
I only thought of it because I have a Nexus 5, an LG device made around the same time, and it has one speaker and a matching grill that is actually just the microphone.
Ah, nice to know. A bit deceiving now that I think about it.

Sent from my nifty 2 year old AT&T HTC One XL

raptir

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
Ah, nice to know. A bit deceiving now that I think about it.

Sent from my nifty 2 year old AT&T HTC One XL

Eh, a second speaker on the same edge of the device doesn't get you much. I don't think many people would care about stereo sound in portrait mode. It just makes the bottom edge of the device look better.