Why am I getting an annoying message after downloading a battery fix app?

riconaka

Oct 11, 2012
Visit site
Annoying message comes up after downloading

Just yesterday, I downloaded a Battery fix app, and since then, I've been getting this popup message saying," <file> is ready" and below it, "try <app name>". I uninstalled the supposedly offending app, ran different Adware remover apps, ran couple antivirus and cleaners. I even did a factory reset. It's still there. Is there something I need to disable? I've attached a screen print.
  1. 1) Galaxy S4 running on kitkat 4.4.4
  2. 2) am not rooted
  3. 3) Suspected App downloaded: Battery Life Repair or Advanced Battery

Screenshot_2014-11-25-22-51-08.jpg

Thanks!
Rich

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Annoying message comes up after downloading

Welcome to Android Central! Any app that claims to fix your battery is a sham. This is from their app description: "Battery Life Repair uses proprietary high technology to revamp your battery duration and make it charge again to its full potential. Forget about recharging your phone every day!!!!" I kind of did a spit take at the "proprietary high technology" part.:confused: I would guess that the majority of the "reviews" for Battery Life Repair are fake. Like any scam, if it sounds too good to be true, it's not true.

Installing the app likely installed adware along with it (and hopefully not malware as well). If you did a factory reset, the apps might have automatically reinstalled afterwards, if "Automatically Restore" is checked in Settings>Backup & Reset. Try unchecking that option, then do another factory reset. Just to be sure, once you're done with the Setup Wizard, go immediately to Google Play Store, select My Apps, and make sure nothing is installing automatically.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Re: Annoying message comes up after downloading

Welcome to Android Central! Any app that claims to fix your battery is a sham. This is from their app description: "Battery Life Repair uses proprietary high technology to revamp your battery duration and make it charge again to its full potential. Forget about recharging your phone every day!!!!" I kind of did a spit take at the "proprietary high technology" part.:confused: I would guess that the majority of the "reviews" for Battery Life Repair are fake. Like any scam, if it sounds too good to be true, it's not true.

Installing the app likely installed adware along with it (and hopefully not malware as well). If you did a factory reset, the apps might have automatically reinstalled afterwards, if "Automatically Restore" is checked in Settings>Backup & Reset. Try unchecking that option, then do another factory reset. Just to be sure, once you're done with the Setup Wizard, go immediately to Google Play Store, select My Apps, and make sure nothing is installing automatically.

This. Don't trust "battery apps" as they are not going to fix anything (usually).