What are some good launchers to use to further customize my UI?

EpicManifesto

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
Looking to customize UI

Hey everyone, I just got my new Nexus and I love. Now that I spent the weekend getting to know Android and hating myself for sticking with iPhone for 5 years, I want to start the part that makes Android so good. The Customization, I would rather not root my phone but I have read about launchers that let you customize my User Interface, I had a few questions.

1. What are good launchers to use that let me customize my themes, icons, lock screen, and widgets?

2. What kind of impact to these launchers have on performance and battery life?

Please let me know, my nexus 6 is begging for some customization from me. I want to embrace this android system and get the most out of it. I'd rather not go back to Apple for an outdated phone with a big price tag.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Re: Looking to customize UI

I think Nova is one of the most popular launchers. I personally use Next 3D. It's expensive compared to the others, but the design and animations are superb on a higher end phone. It also has loads of themes you can add too.

As far as impact on battery life, it depends. Basic launchers probably don't have any real impact. Ones like Next 3D with lots of animations can have an impact, but it's been negligible on my M8.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: Looking to customize UI

Nova and Next are both good, as is Ajax. (I try new ones as they come out, but I keep going back to Nova. I also customize my wallpaper for upcoming holidays, or nice scenes [keep the wallpaper dark to save battery] and I change icon sets [themes] every so often.)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87