Can I get some help rooting an unlocked Straight Talk Zte Quartz z797c?

julikat

Aug 10, 2012
Visit site
Please help me root unlock a Straight Talk Zte Quartz z797c

I have a Zte Quartz z797c It is thru Straight talk uses Verizon towers I need help to root this phone and edit to get better signal. I need custom recovery or stock rom with root I have looked everywhere and cannot find help for this. I rooted my old phone a zte max easily thru Boost but this Straight Talk Quartz has me stumped and frustrated. If I can't find help will have to get another phone which I can't afford to do. Please help me do this.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: Please help me root unlock a Straight Talk Zte Quartz z797c

I have a Zte Quartz z797c It is thru Straight talk uses Verizon towers I need help to root this phone and edit to get better signal.
Rooting has nothing to do with the signal. Rooting is the filesystem, signal is the modem. It's like getting better gas mileage by changing the directionals from red to orange.

I need custom recovery or stock rom with root
(The recovery has nothing to do with root - it's the running ROM that's rooted, not the recovery ROM.) Try iRoot. Actually, since it's running 4.3, Towel Root should root it.

As far as a custom ROM, you'll just have to wait until some developer decides to buy one and see what he can do with it. There's no "custom ROM group" that produces custom ROMs for phones. (Try the Area51 Forum - they work on some of the Straight Talk phones, and one of them may have bought a Quartz to play with. If you're willing to send Droid Host a phone, he'd probably be glad to try to work up a great ROM for it, but he can't afford to buy every phone that comes out.)

As for the signal, are you sure that Verizon has a good signal where you're trying it? Have you tried another cheap Verizon phone at the same location? If Verizon doesn't have good coverage, nothing you do to the phone is going to change that. (Don't go by the maps. Every carrier has maps showing that their coverage is better than all the others where you are. Coverage maps are fairy tales.)

Stevedtat

Jun 2, 2011
Visit site

any luck rooting this phone? mine is upgraded to 4.4.2 and I've tried iRoot, towelroot,one click,and everything else i could find (some required chinese translations) Even if someone has done using ADB, I'd love to know how. this phone has WIFI,USB,and BT tethering blocked and I'd love to unlock that feature...plus this is the first phone I haven't rooted right off the bat and it's so annoying!!!

nauticalchic

May 13, 2015
Visit site

I have a Zte Quartz z797c It is thru Straight talk uses Verizon towers I need help to root this phone and edit to get better signal. I need custom recovery or stock rom with root I have looked everywhere and cannot find help for this. I rooted my old phone a zte max easily thru Boost but this Straight Talk Quartz has me stumped and frustrated. If I can't find help will have to get another phone which I can't afford to do. Please help me do this.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38