How can I store video's downloaded on the SD card?

Andyb99

Mar 2, 2015
Visit site
How can i store video's downloaded on the SD card

I Have a Galaxy tab 4...and i use apps like skygo and BBC iplayer and HD cinema...all will allow me to download video's to watch while offline (such as on a plane or train) but it only has 16Gb...i have added a memory SD micro card and want the apps to save the video's on this card.....can i move the APPs to that and create a download file on there (will they do this automatically?) or create a new downloads file and point them to this?...i'm not sure a) how to move the apps or b) point it to download the files to this card.....can anybody help?
I'm new to android from IOS so any help will be appreciated

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: How can i store video's downloaded on the SD card

Welcome to Android Central! First, open any of those apps and check their settings menus. See if there is an option for default save location.

If none of them have the option, then there won't be an easy way for you to instruct them to save to the SD card. You could try using a file manager app like ES File Explorer to move the video files to the SD card, but the video apps might not be able to access them on the SD card if they don't have the appropriate SD permissions (which is something that started with KitKat: KitKat and SD cards — what's fixed, what's broken and what's misunderstood | Android Central).

Moving apps to SD is something that is not possible on all devices--it just depends on which one you have. And even if you can move the app, it's only moving a portion of the app, and it doesn't do anything about where the app downloads videos. But it will still help to free up a little internal storage. Go to the App Manager, select an app, and see if there is a "Move to SD" option. Some apps don't allow this at all, so if you don't see a button, try looking at another app.

See this guide for other tips on maximizing internal storage: http://forums.androidcentral.com/am...roid-memory-how-deal-low-memory-warnings.html

Andyb99

Mar 2, 2015
Visit site

great thanks so much for the quick reply....i think i will be able to save some files on the SD card but do you know if video players like VLC or MX player will be able to see it and play it at all??

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

I think so, but can't be sure, since my primary devices don't have SD cards. I should test things out on my wife's Tab Pro.:)

Andyb99

Mar 2, 2015
Visit site

this is strange...how come i see the move to SD card option even when i dont have an SD card in....also sometimes in app manager it shows data in the sd card...for that app....but there is no SD card in.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87