How do I install apps from he google play store straight to my second partion

Ares30

Mar 23, 2015
Visit site
I used the app aparted and made a second partition. I can know link apps there but I also want to be able to install apps there as well. I want to install games like asphalt or nova but I cant. I got a 7 inch prontotec tablet 4gb NAND I got a 16 gb kingsoft micro sd card.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
You can't. Android installs apps to internal storage. If you "move an app" to the SD card, it moves pieces of the app, leaving links in internal storage to each piece. Android was never written to look for apps on the card, it looks for them in internal app storage. If it finds a link to the card, that's where it tells Linux to load that code from. (Android never "knows" that the app isn't being stored internally.)

Even if you change the "installation location" to the card, it just installs internally, then gets "moved", the same as if you had moved it manually.

If you want your apps actually installed to the card, you'll have to find a ROM for your device that mounts the card as Android's storage. (Then the 4GB internal storage is ignored.)

Ares30

Mar 23, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for the very detailed response. I guess I shouldn't complain because my tablet can hold more apps now. However, apps greater than 1.12 gb on the playstore such as aspahlt 8 i cant download. I am not downloading a custom rom its too risky, hopefully i will be able to get a smartphone instead of this tablet in the future.

Thanks again!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty