Glass Screen Protector on a Broken Screen?

jamieb193

Mar 7, 2014
Visit site
Hi guys,

In my last post I mentioned that I had stupidly broken my S6 screen. The LCD is fine and the touch works, but the outer glass is cracked. At the minute, Samsung UK aren't accepting repairs for another few weeks with the S6 as its still so close to launch, so they told me they can't fix it yet. So I'll get to my question.

Have any of you ever placed a Glass Screen Protector over the top of a broken screen?

As the screen is kinda sharp in places, and moisture and dust can enter the screen, I was thinking of ordering a screen protector for temporary use for a few weeks until Samsung steps their game up. Would this work, and if you have ever done it, did it help you?

Thanks

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Hi guys,

In my last post I mentioned that I had stupidly broken my S6 screen. The LCD is fine and the touch works, but the outer glass is cracked. At the minute, Samsung UK aren't accepting repairs for another few weeks with the S6 as its still so close to launch, so they told me they can't fix it yet. So I'll get to my question.

Have any of you ever placed a Glass Screen Protector over the top of a broken screen?

As the screen is kinda sharp in places, and moisture and dust can enter the screen, I was thinking of ordering a screen protector for temporary use for a few weeks until Samsung steps their game up. Would this work, and if you have ever done it, did it help you?

Thanks
I haven't done this myself. However, placing a screen protector on top of the cracked/broken glass would help protect your hands/fingers from being cut by loose glass and would prevent bits of glass from falling out.

With the protector, I wouldn't invest too much since it'll be trashed. If you can find a decently priced glass one with with that. Otherwise, use a dry application screen protector so you don't have to worry about getting water/moisture under the cracked screen.

jamieb193

Mar 7, 2014
Visit site
I haven't done this myself. However, placing a screen protector on top of the cracked/broken glass would help protect your hands/fingers from being cut by loose glass and would prevent bits of glass from falling out.

With the protector, I wouldn't invest too much since it'll be trashed. If you can find a decently priced glass one with with that. Otherwise, use a dry application screen protector so you don't have to worry about getting water/moisture under the cracked screen.

I've ordered a cheap 1 off ebay for £1. When I get it replaced I'll buy a Spigen one and hopefully won't break the screen again

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Me2s