How do I close my tabs on internet browser?

A

AC Question

how do I close my tabs on internet browser

Every time I click on links in my e-mails, a mssage informs me that I must close all open tabs (50).
I am told to tap on the bar below but only back-forward- home-favourites are displayed and nowhere to tap on tabs.
When I cluck on home, I am redirected to telkom home page.
I repeat the process but when favourites opens, I can only delete history, which I do but that does not close the tabs.
In my S4, there is a window which displays the number of open tabs. If I tap on that window then all the open pages are displayed and I can close those I don't nene. I don't have that function on the S6

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: how do I close my tabs on internet browser

Welcome to Android Central! Are you using the stock Internet browser, or Chrome, or some other browser? If you're on Verizon, then you probably only have Chrome.

If you're using Chrome, look for the square with the number right next to the URL bar, which is the tab management button. If you don't see it, then you probably have the "Merge tabs and apps" option turned on in Chrome, which makes each tab its own "app" in the Recent Apps list--that's where you would have to swipe them away. I don't like that option, so I always turn it off.

Erika Criss

Jul 9, 2015
Visit site
I have the exactly same problem with the browser of Samsung s6 edge ( the one that has the icon of the planet earth) please help help help...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty