Why aren't my available updates showing?

WAus Jack Bauer

May 31, 2015
Visit site
Available updates not showing

So basically this is the second time this happened but I REALLY want to understand why it happens. When I format my phone, I choose not to have my phone automatically reinstall all the apps I had before. I have 2 accounts that I use in my phone. My gmail, which is my primary email, and a hotmail which is for my youtube account.

When I go to the play store after a fresh "install", obviously all the apps aren't up to date. The problem is certain apps that ARE NOT up to date do not show in the list of apps to update.

So in simple terms, in the list of apps to update, Google Chrome is there. But if I type in Google Play Books, it says there's an update for it, but it's not in the list of apps to update. Interestingly the apps that aren't showing to update are apps that I previously had disabled before I formatted my phone (Google Play Books being one of them) It should be noted that I enabled these apps and synced everything before formatting.

In the accounts section of Android settings I had everything synced before formatting my phone. Some people suggest deleting the cache of the Google Play Services which I've tried but didn't work. I get the feeling it has something to do with my gmail because this has happened twice already.

Last edited:

dancing-bass

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
Re: Available updates not showing

After a fresh Factory Reset (which is what I assume you mean when you "format" your phone), you're right - not all the apps are up to date. Often rebooting will force the phone to check with the Play Store to see if any apps need updating. I've experienced something similar - check the play store for updates, and there's nothing. Reboot and suddenly the updates are listed.

Honestly they usually show up within a day or so anyway, so unless you need ALL the updates right NOW, it will work itself out over time.

WAus Jack Bauer

May 31, 2015
Visit site
Re: Available updates not showing

I've rebooted my phone probably 5 times already, nothing.

EDIT: App updates detected, hooray!

Last edited: