How do I Collect/Check information from the last reboot?

kiropernika

Jun 15, 2015
Visit site
Collect/Check information from the last reboots

Hi guys,
I hope that my question is not very dumb but is there an App or Log somewhere in the system (without root permissions) where I could collect/check the last reboots of the phone? I had this strange problem with self-restart. It happened first on my S4 (4.4.2) but after this on my Nexus 4 (5.1.1). Usually they didn't restart by themselves except in case of system update. But I was a couple of times in situation when the device was rebooted without my knowledge. So, I need to find an answer what app or process and why causes this problem. If you have an advice or could help, it will very helpful. Thanks in advance

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
Re: Collect/Check information from the last reboots

Hi guys,
I hope that my question is not very dumb but is there an App or Log somewhere in the system (without root permissions) where I could collect/check the last reboots of the phone? I had this strange problem with self-restart. It happened first on my S4 (4.4.2) but after this on my Nexus 4 (5.1.1). Usually they didn't restart by themselves except in case of system update. But I was a couple of times in situation when the device was rebooted without my knowledge. So, I need to find an answer what app or process and why causes this problem. If you have an advice or could help, it will very helpful. Thanks in advance

Welcome to Android Central!

Have you tried CatLog or aLogCat? I don't think CatLog needs root access but I could be wrong.

kiropernika

Jun 15, 2015
Visit site
unfortunately catlog needs root permissions, and aLogcat when it starts it always look like hanging. Also I was not able to select any options or maybe they are not presented - like "show the events/logs for the last 1 hour or 6 hours" to start in background to capture log. I've made a small test installing some applications from google store and i couldn't see any records in the log. Is there anything else I could do?