How to check for sceen sharing?

Kozera

Nov 28, 2023
Visit site
Hi all, got a bit of a strange problem and was hoping y'all could help.
My bank decided to roll out "anti malware" functionality as part of their app just recently. As a result, it has greeted me with the below on my S22 Ultra:
08addebf-da69-45a3-9f7b-5c90f61eb6fc.jpg
I honestly think it's an issues on their side as i try to be careful about my phone. I tried deleting two apps this could have picked up, AirDroid and Zoom, but this screen still shows. What can I do to ensure this is a [language redacted by Mod] on the bank app new functionality side and nothing shady going on with my Android? I do not have an issue like this in the banking app on my old Note 9.

Many thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! That's pretty weird that it shows "N/A" as the app that's triggering the warning. I wonder if it could be a newer Samsung app (like one that's related to casting to a Samsung TV). Not sure how easy it'll be to troubleshoot this, since you won't be able to use Safe Mode (since that will prevent you from using the banking app as well), and uninstalling apps one by one will be very tedious.

I'd start by reaching out to the bank and the banking app's developer to see if they're aware of this problem.

Reactions: J Dubbs

Kozera

Nov 28, 2023
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! That's pretty weird that it shows "N/A" as the app that's triggering the warning. I wonder if it could be a newer Samsung app (like one that's related to casting to a Samsung TV). Not sure how easy it'll be to troubleshoot this, since you won't be able to use Safe Mode (since that will prevent you from using the banking app as well), and uninstalling apps one by one will be very tedious.

I'd start by reaching out to the bank and the banking app's developer to see if they're aware of this problem.

Hi mate, thanks so much for the warm welcome and the advice. I resolved this by using the app on my secondary phone and activating a physical token. I shared with bank, but they seem pretty useless tbh, so not counting on much.
My question is more how do I ensure there indeed isn't anything off with my phone? Any malware scanning apps you recommend? Or maybe this can be done via browser on the phone? Again, I'm pretty sure it's a bank app, boo boo especially considering it's a new feature, but can't be too safe.

Last edited by a moderator:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Malwarebytes is one of the more trustworthy ones out there. And make sure Google's Play Protect is on in the Play Store menu.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dxter