My front camera, camera failed. How can I fix it?

A

AC Question

front camera- Camera failed

My s4 updated about a week or so ago and ever since then every time i try to use the front camera or record, it freezes and eventually tells me the camera failed. I tried to download other camera apps and the same thing happens. when i switch to the front camera it tells me something about burst mode. Ive tried all the fixes ive found online minus the factory restore. i have not had any problems until this update, any other ideas minus the factory reset?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: front camera- Camera failed

Welcome to Android Central! If you haven't already, try wiping the cache partition: http://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-5744

Sometimes an app that also has Camera permissions can cause problems. This could be something like a social media app (like Instagram) or a flashlight app (since the camera flash LED is technically part of the camera). Try uninstalling some of those apps and see if it persists. Alternatively, you could boot into Safe Mode, which disables all 3rd party apps. If the problem goes away in Safe Mode, then you know that something you installed is causing the problem. Safe Mode steps are at the bottom of the link I posted above.

Freebird2476

Aug 25, 2015
Visit site
i have tried deleting some of the apps, have tried wiping the cache, booting it in safe mode, shutting it down and leaving the battery out for 15 min...only thing im down to is a factory reset, which i hate doing. any other suggestions. like i said, it never did it before, only after the update last week. it says the version im running is android 4.4.4

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
The same problem occurs in Safe Mode? In that case, it's either a firmware or hardware problem. Since it started after the update, it's most likely firmware. You can try reinstalling the firmware using Kies or Odin (http://forums.androidcentral.com/am...w-flash-stock-rom-via-odin-new-interface.html), or bring it to a Samsung Store (in Best Buy) and show them the problem--they should be able to re-flash the firmware to see if that solves it.

RR05

Dec 29, 2017
Visit site
I need Your help! My front camera did'nt work ,My rear camera is working but the front cam.was not and dont have an option to click front camera,what will I do? Please help Me.thanks :)

RR05

Dec 29, 2017
Visit site
I need Your help! My front camera did'nt work ,My rear camera is working but the front cam.was not and dont have an option to click front camera,what will I do? Please help Me.thanks :)

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
RR05, you have 2 problems. First, the Firefly Aurii Vivid seems to be made for only 1 market - the Philippines. That means that very few technically-aware people know anything about it. (Buying phones made for limited markets may save you money when you buy them, but cost a lot when something goes wrong with them.)

Second, the front camera module (each camera is a little plug-in thing inside the phone) is probably bad. If the phone is new, return it. If it's still under warranty (it should be, it was announced in October) but not a week or two old, have it repaired under warranty.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez