Moto 360 vs. Gear S2: Which should I get?

A

AC Question

Moto 360 vs. Gear s2

I would like to say first; I know this is an android forum and I don’t want to offend anyone by talking about other operating systems (Tizen). I just need some opinions from others who have used the adroid wear for a while.
I have a Samsung S6 Phone. I had been using the Samsung Gear 2 watch for about a year and a half. It was just a novelty at first but it did become very useful after a short time. Some of the things I enjoyed most about it was being able to dismiss calls during meetings without touching the phone, or excusing myself and taking the call if it was important. Receiving emails and texts during meetings and in general. One thing I really enjoyed that it looks like I won’t get with any of the new watches was for example; while pumping gas or any other situation that I was close to my truck (where my phone was charging) was being able to take a call from the watch even if it was to just say I would call them back. The Gear 2 had a very good speaker that was quite useful. I also used the Endomondo app quit often.
My Gear 2 stopped working and I had been looking at the idea of getting into a wearable device anyway because I liked the idea of using google keep on my watch to keep notes and lists.
About the time I needed to upgrade the Moto 360 2 and The Gear s2 hit the market. I bought the Moto 360 2 and have had a few problems and now I have also bought the Gear s2 and I plan to return one of them (I have 14 days from purchase to return).
What I find lacking in the Moto 360 (and android wear I suspect) is that once a text or email is dismissed there does not seem to be a way to access it again. The contacts I have access to on the watch seem to only be the recent contacts from my phone.
Also I often only see the incoming call notification for only one ring and then it goes away and continues to ring on the phone, and occasionally the watch doesn’t notify me at all even though it seems to be connected.
With email I often get a notification that I have multiple emails. Everything I have read seems to say I should be able to tap on that notification and they should unstack and then allow me to scroll through and select any of the mail items I wish to read or respond to. The only time I am able to read and respond to an email is when I get a single notification, I have never been able to unstack the multiple email card. And again if I dismiss the notification I can’t look back at old or previous mail items.
The Moto 360 often disconnects from the phone and I have not found an efficient way to reconnect. Sometimes having to reboot the phone and the watch. Battery life sucked for the first 2 days but has now gotten to wear it will last me the entire day.
The Gear s2 doesn’t seem to have any of the connection issues. I am able to see all my previous emails and texts that are on the phone as well as a call log and access to all of my contacts. There does not seem to be many apps for Gear s2 yet but it has only been out for a week or so. There does not seem to be any apps for notes (let alone google keep) and endomondo is not yet available. I am sure over time the Gear s2 will have some useful apps.

Android Wear
Is there an option or app to read old texts, or emails?
Is there an option or app to view call log?
Is there a way to see all of my contacts?

If anyone got this far I am sorry for being so long winded and would appreciate any opinions helping me decide between these 2 devices

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty