How do I save online photos from a Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge

A

AC Question

I want to save photos from the web onto my phone to use as wallpaper. How do I do it?

I know how to take screenshots and then crop them, but how do I save the photo without going via the 'edit photo' route?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! On the browser, make sure the full size photo is displayed, then long-press it. It should give you a menu with the option to Save Media.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Hello Finch, welcome to the forums!

Are you using a browser or Google search? In some phones to save an image from the search app you need to open the page first and then tap & hold on it to save. Sometimes the same thing happens if you try to save a picture from Chrome's image search. Also, be aware that some pictures can be protected and there's no way you can download them.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Excellent point by Javier P. You can't download photos if you did a Google Image Search using the Google app. Do the Image Search on Chrome. Remember that the Google app is separate from Chrome.

Finch27

Oct 17, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for the tip. I wasn't using the google app, but I was using the google search widget on my home page, rather than a browser.
When selecting the photo from google search widget and view it in full screen' mode, long-pressing doesn't work,
But when I go to the website with the photo in it, select it from there, then view it in 'full screen' mode, long-press DOES work! So I have the answer I was looking for.
Thank you for your help - much appreciated. :)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty